So My Dad Started Callin Me Captain Kirk

aw, you all have a lot of computers.............

-Joe

Tell me about it. I have 6 in my bedroom alone. 9 total in the house. 5 fully functional, 1 functional when i return it's HDD, 1 ANCIENT IBM from the 80's non-functional (bad HDD), 1 fried eMachine (seriously non-functional), and an old (bout 1997 old I think) Compaq that's missin a few parts but would function fine if it had them (I think it's missing a HDD and CD-ROM). I also have a fried Socket A mobo layin around somewhere. So yeah, lotsa computers. I also have 2 car computers. I have the P2T running my B16 in my hatchback and the P28 from my old car is sittin in the back seat :P Ya know I can easily make $125 off that P28 on eBay (I sold the transmission from that car for $60). Those are the favorite for "chipping" and "virgin" P28's are gettin harder to find.

We have five computer we use on a daily basis, six if you count my bench computer(no case, I use it for testing parts).

Linux workstation/server

AMD athlon XP barton 2600

512 mb ram

200 gb ide drive

200 gb ide drive

80 gb ide drive

no optical drive

Windows XP workstation/server

AMD athlon 64 x2 4200

1 gb ram

320 gb sata

320 gb sata

320 gb sata

dvd burner

TV computer, used just for playback of video and audio(currently running xp)

AMD sempron 2200

256 mb ram

40gb hardrive

dvdrom

For each of our jobs my wife and I need a laptop, if not for work we would not have either of them

she has a bargain priced toshiba(my hand me down)

1.5 ghz celeron m

512mb ram

windows xp

I just got a new dell inspiron 1501. Its a dual boot vista premium and xp pro(with shipping and sales tax, just $700).

AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile TL-50

1 gb ram

80 gb sata 5400 rpm drive

a huge 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (my favorite part)

Edited by shanenin
One PC: A PIII 750 Mhz, 2 Meg RAM, Windows '98SE.

Yeow-za! Cutting edge technology!

:lol:

2 Megs of RAM??? What can you run??? Just how long does it take to boot the system..... LOL.

2 Megs of RAM??? What can you run??? Just how long does it take to boot the system..... LOL.

Whoops! :lol:

That was my first PC's final total (a 386SX 16Mhz w/ Windows 3.x).

Still nothing to brag about @ 256 Meg (had to run the Windows System Information utility to remind myself of what I had, since I obviously had no idea any more).

• 3 weeks later...

Wow dude, you have a nice room. Clean too. Mine is a perpetual mess. Good thing is I have two rooms making one really good size room that I can have a bunch of crap in it and still have room to move :rolleyes: