Big Brother And His Gang?

Link

I would comment on this but I know they are reading our posts already.

:unsure:

Oh I can't help it.

I can see the benefit of this in determining an accident, BUT where will it stop. We will be fed "it is the best for you" statements until we are living the 1984 Mac commercial.

M

I could be entirely wrong but, so far, I don't see a problem with collecting information on what you're doing on a public road. As long as driving is legally considered a "privilege" and not a Right, they apparently can do whatever they like (like issuing a ticket using technology, no humans involved, via cameras).

My problem isn't with what they're doing, exactly, or what they MIGHT do, it's with the entire idea that mobility is a privilege. I don't see that changing, so unless we're willing to mount a Revolution to change THAT, we all will have to live with the consequences.

The newer computer systems suck.

Agreed. I've got a 98 Malibu that periodically gives me messages from the on-board computer. Many times the messages are correct, but, sometimes.......well they're just mysterious and plain annoying. :wacko:

The newer computer systems suck.

I've got a 98 Malibu that periodically gives me messages from the on-board computer.

Cars can have computers in them? all the ones we have just have a/c, heat and radio.......................

maybe we are thinking of different type of computers? eh, whatever.......

Edited by jamaicaman

Oh yeah, Joe, cars from about the 1980s on have computers in them. If you ever experience the "check engine" or "service engine soon" light, yup, that's the computer talking to you....a good way to test this is to put gas in your car and forget to put the gas cap on--the computer will flash that light the next time you start it. Put on the gas cap and the light *should* dissapear after a few starts *knocks wood*.

Hitest, we have a 98 Malibu, too. Right now I'm mad at it. The durned "theft system light" is causing us to take the car in on Monday. Pain in the rear when one wants to go to the grocery store and one has to wait 10 minutes waiting for the bloomin' light to quit blinking.....But the Malibu sure gets good gas mileage for a "larger car"

Liz

Hitest, we have a 98 Malibu, too. Right now I'm mad at it. The durned "theft system light" is causing us to take the car in on Monday. Pain in the rear when one wants to go to the grocery store and one has to wait 10 minutes waiting for the bloomin' light to quit blinking.....But the Malibu sure gets good gas mileage for a "larger car"

Liz

Hiya Liz,

Yep. Agreed. I'm also happy with the gas mileage on my Malibu.

Awhile ago I had an idiot light constantly "pinging" about 2-3 times per week on my dash, it indicated that something was wrong with the ABS. I would take the unit in and have it checked only to have nothing wrong with the ABS. As it turns out my wheel bearing was going on my left front wheel which was causing the ABS light to ping. Weird stuff. :wacko: