I got my first job to add XP to a new vista laptop for a dual boot system. He had a soundcard for his DJ business that does not have drivers for Vista. It was a Gateway laptop, since it came preinstalled with Vista, they did not offer any drivers for XP. Finding the drivers were a bit of a pain, but other then that it went smooth.

I got another call from somebody wanting a new laptop with XP, they don't want vista yet. She would rather by an old used laptop, then a new one just because of the OS. I sold here my old toshiba I payed $500 over one year ago, for $400. I will by a new one with vista, if need be i will dual boot it.

Edited by shanenin

Good job. I am finally getting ready to dump my dual boot of 98SE and XP. With the cost of XP Home OEM being so low and support to continue until 2014. I see no reason for people not to upgrade from 9x/ME. I have two customers happy running XP on their 1GHz/256MB older PCs. If they are still afraid there are plenty of Win2K disks available that will run just fine on really old PCs. At least it will be more secure. As for Vista I will let that wait for a couple of service packs before installing it on any PC.

Good job on the dual boot.

I installed internet service for a customer who bought a new Dell with V. I was on the machine for ten minutes, didn't like it. I did not like the security warnings for everything I was configuring. Reminded me of Norton pop ups.

If a person is changing something there is a very high likelyhood they will not research what they are doing until they brick their machine. At this time they will call for help and give a vague description of what was changed, if they can say for sure. They will not have any error messages written that is for sure.

I am advising folks to look for XP machines when buying.

M