Norton Av Corprate Edition 7.60.926

A friend of mine bought a used Toshiba from a defunced company.

Toshiba A10-s177

XP Pro SP 2

512 MB RAM

40gig HDD

Pentium 4 2.2ghz

The Problem The system is slugish (I Have cleaned her out had a couple Trojans from the kid DLing)

with the low resources I figure Norton AV is doing it's number. This is setup to accept updates from a network server so I decided that removing it and installing a less resouce hungry AV would be better (I will be installing more RAM though). It is password protected so I cannot uninstall.

Since the company is nolonger around we cannot find the SA to ask him (as if he/she would remember).

Granted the best course of action would be to reinstall the OS but I have had trouble finding the drivers (came with no disks) for the components.

and really don't feel like giving anymore free time to this profit free project.

Question Does anyone know how to remove the password from Norton AV. I have the removal tool to run after the uninstall just need to get to that point.

Preston

Try symantec as the password. It is the usual default.

Check out some of these links for the Norton problem.

Password management in Symantec System Center 6.x or earlier

Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition or Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition prompts for password when uninstalling clients

More tips that include changing registry.

Check here for the drivers. Select Portables> Satellite> A10-S177. You can now filter for OS and what driver, patches or updates that are needed.

Toshiba Support

Edited by TheTerrorist_75