Today, I found out that hackers are "quietly" getting into peoples pages by adding themselves as your friends but you dont know it unless you go into "EDIT FRIENDS" and you find a friend that says "this profile has been deleted" with a red X over the picture. If you see these, you need to delete them immediately. Like I said, they will not show up on your page under your friends list, unless you go into "EDIT FRIENDS".

On your home page go to EDIT FRIENDS. (THEY ONLY SHOW UP UNDER EDIT FRIENDS FOR SOME REASON)

Then check to see if any of them say

"This Profile No Longer Exists"

If there are some there, delete them. It will bring your number of friends down, but if you go and count your actual friends beforehand it will be the accurate number afterwards. Let everyone you talk to on myspace know about this."

Edited by Potato2k4
  • 11 months later...
Good to know, I'll ask my 12 year old if she has a myspace account.

Trust me she does, all girls around her age has an Myspace account, even if they never been on the Internet, it like not having a birthdate, we all have birth dates.

Come to think of it, from now on, when someone add me to their Myspace, I'm going to delete them unless I know who they are.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where did you hear about this from?

The reason I ask is because it is my understanding that these are profiles that have been deleted for any number of reasons (spam, inactive, or a friend who deleted their account) and they dont pose a threat to you or your system. I believe the reason they dont get removed from your list and show up as a red X is because myspace does not do regular database clean ups and there are more and more spam profiles daily and even hourly.

M477h3w700142y has a great point, if you don't know the person then why do you want to add them as a friend? I know I get ALOT of the stupid X rated spam accounts i just click the little spam button and they disappear...