Ipb=firefox 2.0 Unfriendly?

Just noticed the upgrade yesterday and was doing a little exploring this morning and noticed; "my friends" link does nothing in FF...nothing shows up for content when viewing someones profile...can't add friends with link in their profile.

Everything works fine in IE and Opera. :blink:

Might be other things that I haven't noticed....Is it just me or does everyone have these issues?

I have FF 2.0 and it is doing the same for me. In fact all my friends list that I had are gone, but I can't add them again either. I have not tried IE7 yet. Will do that now.

Barb

I'm on IE7 now and everything works OK. I just added you to my friends list, in case you see I have been lurking in your profile haha, and it worked. FF does not.

I'm back on FF and when I click on your name, your profile opens up, but when I click on your name using IE7 a drop down window appears so I can choose from there. :blink:

Edited by bar5
I have 2.0 and I have no problems.

M

Works for me too.

Hmmmm.....maybe they've fixed the bugs t0c. :D

I'm can add friends and view the drop down menu on a person's avatar in FF 2.0.0.1 using Windows and Linux.

No problems for me either. Everything seems to be running smooth, And I upgraded to 2.0 some time back. As soon as I seen it was ready I made the move.

Well, problem solved....Not sure what filter in the Adblock extension was causing it but whitelisting the whole site fixed it. For anyone that might have the same issue using the same filterset, that's the quick fix. For anyone that has the time to look this list over and can find the cause, I'd be interested to know since these are pretty standard filters.

*.ad-*

*.ad.*

*/ad.*

*/ad/*

*/adbot.*

*/adc_*

*/adclient.*

*/adcouncil/*

*/adframe.*

*/adgifs/*

*/adgraph/*

*/adimages/*

*/adinfo*

*/adlog.*

*/adlog/*

*/adrotator.*

*.ads-*

*.ads.*

*/ads.*

*/ads/*

*/advert*

*/adview.*

*/housead/*

*/liveads/*

*/phpads/*

*/softad/*

*/sponsor/*

*/sponsors/*

*/tj_bs

*/tracker/*

*_ad_*

*_borders/*

*_superad*

*a.p.f.qz.*

*a.r.tv.*

*a.tribalfusion.*

*-ad.cgi*

*ad_type*

*adbot*

*adclick*

*adclix*

*adclub*

*adcycle*

*adflight*

*ad-flow*

*adimage*

*adknowledge*

*adlink*

*admaximize*

*admex*

*admonitor*

*adpulse*

*adrunner*

*-ads/*

*adserv*

*adsoftware*

*adswap*

*af.lygo.*/*

*aureate*

*avenuea*

*bilbo.counted.*

*bluestreak.*

*burstmedia*

*burstnet*

*clickxchange*

*counter*.bravenet.*

*doubleclick*

*focalink*

*hitbox*

*hitexchange*

*hitlist*

*hitsites*

*houseads_*

*i.imdb*

*i.us.rmi.yahoo.*

*imaginemedia*

*linkads*

*linkexchange*

*linkshare*

*linksynergy*

*media.fastclick*

*paycounter*

*radiate*

*realtracker.*

*secure.webconnect*

*servedby.advertising.*

*spinbox.versiontracker.*

*spylog*

*thecounter*

*trafic.ro/*

*us.a1.yimg.*

*us.f.yahoofs.*

*valueclick*

*view.atdmt*

*adtomi.*

*.linkbuddies.*

*.qksrv.*

*x.mycity.*

*z.about.*

*zdmcirc*

I'm still having problems with FF. I can't use any of the drop down windows. Nothing happens when I click on them. On IE7 everything works fine.

tictoc....... Do you have the old ad-block or the new ad-block plus for FF 2.0? I may just un-install it and re-install it again. It really never has acted right, really slow loading FF.

Do you have the old ad-block or the new ad-block plus for FF 2.0?

I'm pretty sure it's the old one (Adblock 0.5.3.043)...I've thought about trying the plus version and have it auto update (as I believe it does) but I'm the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy. ;)

tictoc5150.

Just had a look at your place on the web. Nice job you did. Looks real good. Great job on it.

Thanks, I wish I could say I coded it all but most of the thanks goes to the folks at Wordpress ( and whoever created the Dark Blix theme) and Coppermine for the photo gallery.

Nonetheless, It's always nice to have new traffic to the site and a compliment at that...thanks again

EDIT: and it's funny what someone commenting on the site does to traffic too....ya' spiked my statcounter log yesterday. :thumbsup:

Edited by tictoc5150
I'm pretty sure it's the old one (Adblock 0.5.3.043)...I've thought about trying the plus version and have it auto update (as I believe it does) but I'm the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy. ;)

I had no choice when it did the auto update of FF 2.0, it did not have Adblock (old version), and I had to go and get it and found out it was Adblock Plus.The old version never loaded with FF 2.0 like it did previous versions. :unsure:

I would not have bothered with the Plus if I had the old version. It worked fine.

Normal Adblock works with FF2 and I'm not having any problems. I never use the plus version. You can just uninstall the plus version and look for the regular version of adblock. Might be a page or two in.

Normal Adblock works with FF2 and I'm not having any problems. I never use the plus version. You can just uninstall the plus version and look for the regular version of adblock. Might be a page or two in.

Thanks JSKY. I think I will do that. I thought when it didn't load with FF 2.0 that I had to use the Plus.

Hey, guess what, FF is working. I have not done anything. I haven't had the chance to install the old Adblock version to see if it was the problem.

I'll have to test some profiles to see if that drop down window appears, so if you see me lurking in your back yard, not to fear it's only me. Testing, testing...............testing :lol:

I have been so occupied trying to set up my new Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder, so I can copy my old vcr tapes to dvd. The instructions are not the clearest in the world. :unsure: That's another post, I may be back :angry: