My New Toy

drives great, handles well on dry pavement but twitches slightly on wet.

Only car I have driven that handled better was a 1975 Lotus Europa, there wasn't anything to touch it for handling back then. I carsat it for 9 months while a friend was out of the country

Oooh, a sportscar for Robroy! OK, I know nothing about cars, but this one looks nice and only 80,000 miles? A steal! What color are you planning on painting it? My vote is red or black

Don't speed! Coppers look for those cars! :)

Liz

Edited by blim

hmmmm. No Variable valve timing I bet. :P

DOHC VTEC ALL THE WAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!! No more SOHC's for me unless there's a turbo attached to it.

Not half bad. Probes are one of the few and I mean VERY FEW Fords I don't hate. Still ain't no Civic, Prelude, Integra, Celica, or 240SX but not bad. :) Sorry but I'm just a Honda/Toyota/Nissan guy through and through. :o Yes I said Toyota and Nissan too. Mostly Toyota for trucks though and Nissan for the 240SX and the 300ZX.

Ditch them rims and either get A. a decent looking set or B. a factory set. I'd go with B. Mine ain't factory but they are replicas of factory Integra wheels. Also make sure to keep the flip headlights working. My brother's old Fiero's headlights got stuck. A probe is about a billion times better than a Fiero though. Well at least better than the 4 banger ones. The V6 GT's weren't half bad either but my lord that 4 banger of my bro's fell apart.

Have fun with it but please don't rice it out. :rolleyes: Just paint it and put some decent wheels on it. Sport compacts are extremely fun. Lemme tell ya. My current one is too fun. I've seen that drag tach light up so much (the shift is set for 7000 to limit myself but it's really supposed to be at 8000 and the beloved VTEC hits at 5200, I love it). See if you can cram an H22A in that beast. I bet it'd be extra fun then. :lol:

The Probe (and later, the similar-sized Cougar) are classic designs (or have many classic design elements). Always nice and interesting to look at. Not bad at all as transportation either.

Didja know the Probe was scheduled to become the Mustang replacement back in the day? Traditionalists put up such a stink they went ahead and redesigned the Mustang.

the new paint job will be black, want to keep it close to original. Rims are gonna have to stay till next summer, when I can afford replace them.

Good idead keepin er stock. The wheels don't look to bad, but they could use a polish.

Didja know the Probe was scheduled to become the Mustang replacement back in the day? Traditionalists put up such a stink they went ahead and redesigned the Mustang.

Wow,, im glad that didn't happen

Have fun with it but please don't rice it out.

Absolutley. No 5 inch coffee cans hangin out the back like some other folks around here have.... not mentioning any names.

Ya know I wonder where the real Otas are. All I ever see are toy Otas.

:unsure: It's only 4 inches. :unsure:

It is a little unsightly compared to some others but at least it sounds about a thousand times better than my old car. When I get the cash I'm goin for a full header/exhaust combo from DC Sports or GReddy. Maybe Mugen headers if I can afford them.

By the way rice is all the at stupid BS such as Z3 fenders, retarded body kits, 3 foot high wings and all that crap. Mostly pointless visual stuff and minor mods on crap engines that do nothing but add half a horsepower. I got a good engine with minor high quality mods (AEM intake with still unknown but oddly great exhaust) that have given me a modest increase of maybe a total of 10-15HP. I did a whole paper on it for English. I hate my English teacher. That paper was my best ever and I got a C. I'm gonna frickin kill her if she don't quit being such a : bad word meaning female dog :. She takes off for some of the dumbest crap. My friend in another class don't have to put up with this BS grading.

Sorry for running off there.

Get that little beast painted and it'll be a pretty good looking car. By the way it's a GT right? What kinda powerplant we got goin on there?

It's a 2.5l V6 dohc. The previous owner put a cold air induction intake with a K & N cone filter. That is the only mod that I know about. The rims are ok except one is damaged but I would prefer to put something that looks a little closer to stock.It does have a nice JVC cd player installed and new speakers. Theother thing it needs is the interior trunk cover.