Hi

I'm having trouble with my Memorex DueLayer DVD burner the model is Memorex DVD+/-DLRWL1 F16.

About a week ago I was backing things up and for some odd reason after having burnt 4 or 5 DVD's it wouldn't let me burn any other DVDs with either Alcohol 120 or nero.

So I formatted the computer and I'm having the same problem. It will burn CDs but not DVDs.

I'm using the same media (DVDs) as I always have RiDATA generic ones.

I have tried to update the drivers which I cant find. I have tried the cd which came with it no luck, I have tried connecting a different IDE cable, Changing its boot sequence in the BIOS and disconnecting it and rebooting all dont work.

Please help me......

Running XP Pro with SP2 and all updates

Edited by X-Cannon

Hmmm

After a frexh install and obviously a fresh reinstall of the burner drivers (which is all you needed BTW), I would start thinking of firmware issues or actual faulty hardware. Since you can't seem to find any firmware updates...

Try installing the burner into a friends computer, fresh driver install, and see if it'll work in there. I don't believe it's DRM related, that would only affect protected discs I believe.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Alcohol and Nero yet?

I also bought 50 of them and have used about half. The ones towards the bottom are not being picked up by the drive... I am using a DVDRW right now and its burning (finally something) so I will post back when I can confirm if it works or not.

edit: Yes it works just fine. I believe you are correct DG is there any way to test this though instead of buying new DVDs? The DVDRW worked just as before.

Edited by X-Cannon