Tuesday's Microsoft Updates

I haven't heard of any issues yet and they are not causing any problems on my system. I always make sure to run all of my cleanup programs (CCleaner, AdAware), scan with my anti-virus program, run Disk Cleanup, Defrag then create a new restore point before downloading and installing updates. IF there is a problem you can revert to the restore point made before updating. Some suggest installing one update at a time then seeing if there is an issue.

Don't forget any Office updates if you have it.

Hi Nancy! I got my updates delivered last night (seems it takes a while for them to get up here!) I got 5 critical updates and the Malicious Software thingy (I don't trust the malicious software thing enough to install that one, yet). Asked for a restart afterwards, but all is well. Didn't take long at all to install, either (I usually get a cup of coffee while they install and it was done by the time I made the pot!). They must have been little bitty updates.

Liz

hi nancy

ive just installed 5 updates

and i see my update icon in my sys tray is activated

so there must be more

i have never had trouble with my up dates

tho some post in about difficulties

i blame those trouble on third party applications

i havent heard from you for quite a while

marty

Ooops, Nancy! Some people love the MS Malware Remover....but a few folks have had trouble with it and just those few bad reports make me chicken. For a long time it was Beta, which is scary and I stay away from anything Beta. Experts--is it still Beta?. Guess it's a coin flip. I personally figure that since I have Spybot, Adaware and SpywareBlaster (love that!) and I "try" to be careful, I'm skipping the MS Gadget. :thumbsup:

Glad everything's working right and I LOVE feedback from Updates! Thanks so much, Nancy! They still scare me after having to do a System Restore once after installing a misbehaving update--they now make me gunshy, so if updates go well for me, I'm always ready to give a thumbs up!

Liz

The Malicious Malware removal tools are "Run once and Uninstall" tools, so they don't stay on your system after they've done their scan.

They're always good to run those little tools ladies, so remember to use them when you see them in your updates.

They work completely in the background unless they find something, and once they're done, they uninstall till next time.

I don't really worry about such things, I've never gotten myself infected by any of these things but I still allow those tools to do a check just in case.

Agreed with Nancy, thank you Terrorist and Chappy for your support of the MS gadget! Your thumbsup means a LOT! Is it still Beta? (yeah, I know, I know.....but beta scares me!)

Everytime I get a MS Automatic Update I check here, so please keep Nancy and me posted on any quirks!!

Liz