Vista Rc2 Available For Download

I tell ya guys, I'm still just Flabergasted at the amount of resources they require for the "minimum requirements" to run Vista....and for what?? Better graphics?

Basically...yes, better graphics, as there really is little in Vista that is much of an improvement over XP SP2. Some deeper kernel security measures and thats about it.

But you need a 1G + processor, not a big deal today

1G memory, that's quite a bit for minimum requirement...

40G drive with 15G available, c'mon now....does it really need 15 friggin G's to install?

128MB Graphics memory...wow, thats MINIMUM too!

In today's systems this is all no big deal really, but even going back to a 4 year old system and many will not meet these requirements...and I mean MANY.

Talk about Bloat, their last release (XP) only required 128MB RAM, this release needs a Gig or more. MS can't get a bit more kernel security without chewing up all that RAM or what?? Because really, Vista is not more that a bunch of eye-candy after MS dropped many of the really neat features they had planned for LongHorn because they didn't have time to get them stable for release dates. Some core security added, tons of graphic upgrades and you have Vista, which at the moment is not as stable as XP SP2 is either.

I know I've gotten most of this from reading some Vista Beta reviewers remarks, doing allot of other reading, and not from actually using Vista myself, but these folks are doing the feedback to MS about Vista so they know what they're saying I believe. To be able to stay current with my online help for folks, I'll have to get Vista soon too but it'll have to wait till next spring/summer when I build my new system, as this 5 1/2 year old machine of mine just doesn't cut the mustard with Vista apparently... :wacko: