Hello gang,

Say, I have my friends Inspirion for a while, and he wanted me to get his hardrive out so he can get his data off of it. It died, wont' even power on. And I got the hardrive out, but it has been sitting here for a while (I keep forgetting to take it back to him). But I got to playing with it, and I used my dad's multimeter on the powersupply. I tested it and I got no completed ground on it. I think this is cause of the problem of his dead laptop. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem?

Model: inspirion 4150. not sure of the specs. But , I try fiddling with the power supply, and I got the light on the laptop to come on for a split second. And a few times with the multimeter. If so, which I'm 99 percent sure this is what is wrong with it, I think he'll just be out of $50 (for a new power supply). I just wanted to give a heads up to see if anyone else had any ideas. Thank you! - Grady