I got this IDE hard drive that uses a IDE-to-SATA adapter on my Asus M2N32 mobo. I also have a SATA HD connected to the board. One day I unplugged both drives from the mobo and later plugged them back in. Only the native SATA drive was recogniszd by the board. I tought that adapter was damaged and got a new one. Still the board will not recognize the IDE drive with the adapter. I also have another IDE drive so I put the adapter and the board will not recognize.

I have not changed anything in the BIOS, just unplugged the drives.

Anyone knows why???

• 3 weeks later...

This is a problem I encountered the other day. I removed a drive from a box and took the files from it as it was heavily infected with malware and wouldn't boot. I put it back into the box - however, being 2am, I forgot to plug it in. I turned the box on and it clearly didn't detect it. Turned the box off and spent hours trying to get it to redetect the drive once I plugged it back in. Turned out that the drive had to be manually configured in the BIOS, i.e. enter number of sectors, heads etc. rather than it having the sense to auto detect it.

This could be your problem.

~Phil~