Do People Drive The Speed Limit Where You Live?

And then getting back on the highway someone stopped in front of me at the top of the on ramp with there turn signal on, like they had a choice.

Some people seem to have a problem with the whole "on-ramp" theory. Getting up to merging speed just makes too much sense.

Big difference between northern and southern drivers. Southerners do not know how to merge. It pisses me off so much when people hit their friggen brakes right in front of me on the on ramp!!!!

simple solution.... ram them and say it their fault for slamming on the brake in the last min. and try to make it look like it their fault

Impossible at least here in Canada. Whenever you rear end someone it is automatically at least 50% your fault here, usually more no matter how late they slammed on the brakes. The usual argument is that you should have been leaving more space between the car ahead of you.

Honestly, that kind of arguement is stupid. you just drove and never have a space open for the car to change to your lane and this moment the car did and crash you. that kind i know it is the driver fault, not your fault. because the driver went ot your lane without getting enough space, it like trying to force you to back off. Sometime that happens in southern california. got pissed off when people do that to me, i have family and friends in the car it just silly

... I remember seeing a video where 5 people took cars and drove on the highway at exactly the speed limit, right next to each other. No one could pass, and it was going really slowly. ...

Long ago on an open highway with very little traffic I once saw such a roadblock up ahead. I maintained my speed and passed them on the shoulder.

I wouldn't do that nowadays, and I felt bad for doing it then, but vigilanteism isn't justifiable either.

Honestly, that kind of arguement is stupid. you just drove and never have a space open for the car to change to your lane and this moment the car did and crash you. that kind i know it is the driver fault, not your fault. because the driver went ot your lane without getting enough space, it like trying to force you to back off. Sometime that happens in southern california. got pissed off when people do that to me, i have family and friends in the car it just silly

It's not clear why you believe it's stupid to say running into the back of another vehicle is your fault. Leave enough room and it's always possible to stop without ramming the car in front of you, except under the most dire and unusual circumstances (black ice, a meteorite hitting the car in front stopping it in its tracks, etc.).

I know others who feel the way you apparently do so I've already heard many arguments supporting that stand, but how do you justify ramming a car that you could have avoided had you only left enough room?

Huh? :wacko:

This got a lot of replies :) I was curious, I just got my learner's permit....

Congratulations and good luck.

My first advice? Do not care what other drivers do. Let it go. Whatever stupid thing they might do remember that it was stupid, which means: They're stupid, which means NOTHING you do or say about their behavior is going to make any difference whatsoever. That they got old enough to drive and obtain a license (presumably) doesn't mean they're smart or caring or decent people or need to hear anything from you about their driving habits. Let it go.

They cut you off? They ran a light? They're driving erratically? They're driving too fast or too slow? Fine, let 'em go. Be smart enough to drive defensively, be skilled enough to avoid accidents, and be patient enough to put up with drivers who drive offensively and are accidents waiting to happen. There are too many of them out there, and you will never "teach" anyone a lesson.

Sometimes people make mistakes and they may make an effort to apologize (waving to you, getting that "oh jeez, I'm SO sorry" look, putting their hands in the air in the universal "oh crap" gesture). You may be in that situation some day too, so don't get upset with others.