use janola in luke warm water

wash thouroughly after. begone stains

[5]when boiling a cracked egg add a teaspoon of vinegar

the egg wont ooze out of the shell

[6]fly s---t can be remove by rubbing with a stick of blue

]whats blue liz]

marty

You'll need to translate into American:

[1] Most people here probably know what a "torch" is or can figure it out, but it's a "flashlight" to us.

[2] No problems.

[3] I have no idea what a "hottie" is.

[4] Nor what "janola" is.

[5] No problems.

[6] What's a "stick of blue?" (Or is this an inside joke?)

Ahh,JD you spoiled all the fun

[1] I was going to say we use Citronella in our torches and putting them in the oven was a bad idea.

[2] I never thought of banana skins as having any oils. I wonder how they can be good for leather.

[3] I have heard of putting egg whites in a leaky car radiator, sawdust in a noisey transmission but never heard of putting sand in the hot water heater (or is the hottie the car radiator).

[4] Sounds like janitor in a drum; no thanks. I'll use white distilled vinegar to clean mineral deposits from the coffee pot . As for cups? Generally a little clorox will do the trick if running them through the dishwasher does not do it.

[5] Common knowledge amongst cooks and chefs is that a little acidity will firm up proteins . It is standard to acidulate the water with a little vinegar before adding the eggs when you poach them so that the white forms a solid smooth surface rather than having a bunch of whispy stringers floating around the pan.

[6] Well, I prefer not to have flys; but if you have to clean up fly specks, like any excrement I feel a good disenfectant solution and hot water are called for; not a blue eraser or whatever.

(Blue lizard? Blue toilet bowl puck? Bluing stick, blue ink eraser?)

LOL at you guys! Shoulda gotten online earlier today!

Love the tips, Marty, and yes, we need translations on a few :) but thank you nonetheless!

Like Pete, I'm a bleacher, much to Hubby's dismay (he hates the smell of bleach, I don't care, he can suffer!)

I'm betting blue is bluing. Do they still make that here?

I've heard the banana trick before and it's a good one--there's a good reason why suntan oil smells of coconut and banana. Also, place banana peels on the soil around rose bushes. In no time they turn brown so you can't see them and roses LOVE the phosphorus from the banana peels. Potato peels work as well, but don't disinegrate as quickly as banana peels.

Vinegar trick sure makes sense. Going to try that one for sure! When I was little, we used to put a whole egg in a glass of vinegar and it got as rubbery as a bouncing ball. Neat game for little kids! I don't remember what happened if the egg broke, I think my Mom "disposed" of the rubber eggs the moment we lost interest :D

I wonder if a hottie is a hot water bottle? Makes sense. I heard putting a tablespoon of cinnamon in a leaky radiator is a great temporary fix until you get it to a shop.

Liz

LOL at you guys! Shoulda gotten online earlier today!

Love the tips, Marty, and yes, we need translations on a few :) but thank you nonetheless!

Like Pete, I'm a bleacher, much to Hubby's dismay (he hates the smell of bleach, I don't care, he can suffer!)

I'm betting blue is bluing. Do they still make that here?

I've heard the banana trick before and it's a good one--there's a good reason why suntan oil smells of coconut and banana. Also, place banana peels on the soil around rose bushes. In no time they turn brown so you can't see them and roses LOVE the phosphorus from the banana peels. Potato peels work as well, but don't disinegrate as quickly as banana peels.

Vinegar trick sure makes sense. Going to try that one for sure! When I was little, we used to put a whole egg in a glass of vinegar and it got as rubbery as a bouncing ball. Neat game for little kids! I don't remember what happened if the egg broke, I think my Mom "disposed" of the rubber eggs the moment we lost interest :D

I wonder if a hottie is a hot water bottle? Makes sense. I heard putting a tablespoon of cinnamon in a leaky radiator is a great temporary fix until you get it to a shop.

Liz

yes liz the hottie is a hot water bottle

the book is an english edition

so naturally the words are different from american

i didnt have a clue on how to traslate to american versions

but you guys have done that

marty