You know you're from Michigan when...

1. You've never met any celebrities.

2. "Vacation" means going to Cedar Point.

3. At least 1 member of your family disowns you the week of the Michigan/Michigan State game.

4. Half the change in your pocket is Canadian ... eh!

5. You drive 86 mph on the highway and pass on the right.

6. Your idea of a traffic jam is 40 cars waiting to pass an orange barrel.

7. You know how to play (and pronounce) Euchre.

8. It's easy to get VERNORS Ginger Ale, Sanders Hot Fudge sauce and Faygo Pop.

9. You know how to pronounce "Mackinac."

10. You've had to switch on the "heat" and the "A/C"

in the same day.

11. You bake with SODA and drink a POP.

12. The movie "Escanaba in Da Moonlight" wasn't funny.

You consider it a documentary.

13. Your little league game was snowed out.

14. The word "thumb" has geographical, rather than anatomical significance.

15. You show people where you grew up by pointing to a spot on the back of your left hand.

16. Traveling coast-to-coast means driving from Port Huron to Muskegon.

17. You measure distance in minutes.

18. When giving directions, you refer to "A Michigan Left."

19. You know that Kalamazoo not only exists, but it is either raining or snowing there.

20. Your year has 2 seasons: Winter and Construction.

21. Home Depot on any Saturday is busier than toy stores at Christmas.

22. You know when it has rained because of the smell of worms.

23. Owning a Japanese car was a hangin' offense in your hometown.

24. You believe that "down south" means Toledo.

25. You actually understand everything i just said!

I hate that I can relate to them all....

9. You know how to pronounce "Mackinac."

During the recent arrests concerning the bridge the local anchors got it wrong: "Mack-in-ACK." Aside from the seriousness of the charges, their boo-boo cracked me up.

Its pronounced : Mack- IN- Aww

Unless if that was what you where trying to say :wacko::P

Designing a Halloween Costume so it will fit over a snowsuit.

Living on the West Coast means living on the Lake Michigan shore (while pointing at your hand)

Knowing the definition of Boatpeople, Fudgies, Yoopers and Trolls

EH!

Now, I thought a Michigan Left Turn was when you had to turn right on a divided road, drive a little bit and turn onto the road going the opposite way, OR turning right, turning left at the next intersection, turning around in a parking lot and turning right.

DB, forgive me if I asked you this already (because I'm thinking Livonia?? But my old brain isn't sure) Where in MI are you?

Liz

23. Owning a Japanese car was a hangin' offense in your hometown.

I like that one.

Down here is the "everybody support the US, Buy american" place but over half my town is driving a Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, or Mitsubishi. Even old people ain't drivin a ton of US vehicles any more. I saw an old man driving an Infiniti G35x the other day. Well maybe cause there all made frickin made in the US now. My HOnda was. My dad's toyota was. My moms PT cruiser wa... wait..... it was made in MEXICO. Support the US buy a Honda, toyota, or nissan. They are actually made in the US. Plus the Ford Ranger is a Mazda. The chevy/geo Prizm is a Toyota Carolla, the Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix. Those 2 GM's are some of the very few that made it as Consumer report's reliable vehicle list for both new and used. Also the Aveo, it's a Daewoo. Korean. yeah.

"Knowing the definition of Boatpeople, Fudgies, Yoopers and Trolls"

Don't really get that one :P

"Now, I thought a Michigan Left Turn was when you had to turn right on a divided road, drive a little bit and turn onto the road going the opposite way, OR turning right, turning left at the next intersection, turning around in a parking lot and turning right."

Lots of different definitions.

"Where in MI are you?"

Livonia, which is a good 10 miles from Detriot. Wayne county, south eastern MI, bottom of the thumb, lets of ways to say it.

"Down here is the "everybody support the US, Buy american" place but over half my town is driving a Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, or Mitsubishi."

In MI it crazy how many cars are Ford. 9/10 I would say. But this is ford manufacturered cars, not ford branded cars (Ford manufactuers many, Mazda, Jaguar, Ford, and some others are all made by ford).

Ah ha, the noggin's still working, I thought you were from Livonia, DB ;) And seeing as you're a "Southerner", I'll define what you didn't understand :)

Boatpeople=tourists who haul or sail their boats from Chicago to the Marinas up here for the Summer (most are snobs!)

Fudgies=Folks who vacation in N. Michigan, particularly the UP. Gotta eat fudge when you're in the UP (mmmmm....Maple Walnut is the best!)

Yooper=Now, I'm sure you know what this is, but for others' benefit, one who lives in 'da UP

Trolls=Those who live South, or under the bridge

Liz

... the Ford Ranger is a Mazda. ...

I usually roll my eyes and move on when you're cheerleading for those f'ern makes, but you got this one backwards. Mazda rebadges the Ford truck, not the other way 'round. (I thought they were dropping the Ranger this year?)

I know one difference in the f'ern car's favor: The manufacturer's back up their product without question. Just heard the tale at work last night of someone whose child got stuck in their Honda. The seat belt buckle would not release. The kid was panicking and actually got hurt before they could cut the belt off and release him.

So they go to the dealer and, being a typically American dealer, says, "It's not our fault you cut the belt, we ain't payin' for it." After much argueing she calls Honda and they quickly say they'll pay for it and wanted the dealer's name to assure her they would contact them and correct their handling of the situation.

Studies have shown that's the main difference in perceived quality: F'ern manufacturers will back their products. 'Merican manufacturers make you fight tooth and nail to get what they should have given you in the first place. Typical American management. :(

Oh, and I like Michigan. There, on topic.

"Boatpeople=tourists who haul or sail their boats from Chicago to the Marinas up here for the Summer (most are snobs!)

Fudgies=Folks who vacation in N. Michigan, particularly the UP. Gotta eat fudge when you're in the UP (mmmmm....Maple Walnut is the best!)"

Uhh, I hate boatpeople, when I go to northern MI with my grandparents that have a boat and the marina half the time if filled with a bunch of people from Chicago.

And yes, fudge is very very good. One time my dog got loose and ate one of the sticks of fudge, luckily it was the peanut butter fudget.