I've also heard Juno is good!!

Now, I've heard time and time again that AOL is hard to get off your computer, but with the freebie disk offers you can get started for 3-6 months, depending on the disk you find (they have them at Burger King), and if you threaten to cancel after the freebie period, they offer you more time free (be prepared to spend some time on the telephone, but it is a 1-800 number). I personally wouldn't chance it, but if you're techy enough to completely remove it from your idiot box when you're done with it, that's another option. *wait for others to chime in on AOL*

Liz

I've also heard Juno is good!!

Now, I've heard time and time again that AOL is hard to get off your computer, but with the freebie disk offers you can get started for 3-6 months, depending on the disk you find (they have them at Burger King), and if you threaten to cancel after the freebie period, they offer you more time free (be prepared to spend some time on the telephone, but it is a 1-800 number). I personally wouldn't chance it, but if you're techy enough to completely remove it from your idiot box when you're done with it, that's another option. *wait for others to chime in on AOL*

Liz

AOHell isn't that hard to get off your computer.

You just have to format the hard drive. :o:o:o

Check out Fry's if available in your area with a Local (be sure) access number. Only three months are free, but after that it is reasonable at $9.88 a month. The good news is not only is it cheap but it is Unlimited ...no time cut offs!!!. Also has up to ten mail boxes available. I have been thinking about trying it someday myself.

Fry's dialup internet service

Pat

God bless everyone

I had Juno for a couple of years before I got broadband. They were free when I first got the service but I think they charge now, less than $10, they are the same as Net Zero now I think (same company)

Don't waste time with AOL -it doesn't come off your computer.

If you want a good dial-up provider, go with Nuvox. It's based in South Carolina (so is their tech support) and you can prepay the year for unlimitied dial-up at an average cost of about 8.95 a month

Wow! Still using dial up?

Im pretty lucky i m on broadband at home and work, although im told ironically ireland has a higher use of broadband than the US!!?

Probably percentage wise - they are so many spots in America that they don't have Broadband available for