Cyclic Redundancy Check Error On Floppy

I am having a problem with my floppy saying cyclic redundancy check. I went to copy to my C drive through a cmd prompt, made the same noise of just chugging along and then gave me a "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) 0 files copied.

My hard drive crashed last week and trying to get a lot of stuff back, which has not been easy even after spending $800 so far. Anyway, these disks are Quicken and I have my business out of my home so my life is Quicken. I backed up the files onto 3 disks, they were fine, now i'm getting the cyclic redundancy check error.

Can anyone help or am I in for a LONG WINTER with redoing everything? Thank goodness I have a regular check book for business and personal and have all my invoices printed out but we're are talking a years worth of stuff.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hi. No, i found meanings for the error, which do upset me but i am looking for a way to extract the data and then BURN the disk. :)

Now, my big thing is that I can "see" the file on the A drive through my file list but it doesn't open. the drive just goes chugga, chugga, chugga. Now it's not the drive, I have done other things in the last 24 hours with the A drive and I have taken the disk to 2 other computers in the house and they all come up with the same error.

hey kazual90

i should have read your post better...i wasn't sure...i found Had a couple links for extraction...i hate doing the link thing...Any body here more familiar with any of the programs the site offers?i don't want to send a HOT LINK...kazual...If this looks like something you can use...Good Luck...Watch the links the site offers...Ask around...YA know ...Safety First

If anyone wants to get stuff off a bad floppy, this is SO the site to go to.

http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/floppy_recovery.asp

To analyze and find out if you can restore, it is a free download but to actually restore it and save it, it's 40bucks. Trust me, WELL worth it. I now have my QUICKEN back about 90%. there's a few N/A for payee and invoice information but that might take a few hours to fix instead of a few weeks to correct.

thanks everyone for your help!