I decided to only take the AP Biology exam. I did take AP US History but I didn't take the exam. Every body that took the Biology all failed with me with a score of 2. Yeah the exam is much harder than you think. (there was only 4 of us) I shoulda taken the history one. I might have passed.

Our school only had a handful of AP classes (which is a pain, since they cater towards the lower level students and pretty much neglect the above average) but they are adding online distance learning ones next year. I'm taking AP Physics online (I'm still trying to figure out how we'll do science labs) and AP Calculus BC with an actual teacher nexter

Congrats! Less classes will be nice, I'm sure :thumbsup:

Less history classes means same amount of classes - which means a double major (at NC State, you can double in electronic engineering and computer engineering by taking 2 more classes than normal) or milking the college experience by going for an MD.

What great news, XX! And up here, I *think* only two History classes are required for an Associates/Transfer degree. Frees up time/credits to use for fun electives! (Son recommends Beach Volleyball :D )

Swordo, getting a 3, does that give you college credit? Job well done!

Hondaboy, at least having those AP classes under your belt will make the college classes easier, at least they have for Daughter--she took a 300 level (Junior) English class last term and only needed to skim over the books, as she read them in her AP class. No one in her AP English class passed their exam, either, but they had a terrible teacher.

I'm so proud of each of you!

Liz

Woo-Hoo! The test results came in for the AP US History test and I got a 5 out 5!

Basically I have credit now for about 6 credit hours in US History at most colleges so I don't have to take any more history!

Holy Potatoes! A 5 on the test AND going to NC State!

Well done and very impressive!

Edited by LiXindi

Georgia Tech is a good school, also. They had a partnership with my college called the 3/2, where you completed three years at the college, then the next two years at Georgia Tech, and received a Masters. I do not know if that program was is around, but a friend benefited from that.

Have you thought about Carnegie Mellon? They have an intergrated program where you can earn a BS and MS for only 8 courses more than a BS.

http://www.ece.cmu.edu/prospective/undergr...e/tour/imb.html

Are you being inundated with advice about everything from everyone?

Best of luck.

I originally was wanting to go to Georgia Tech then I realized I was too dumb to afford it and to even pass the classes I needed anyway. So I'm going to Columbia State for 2 years then to University of Tennessee Martin for the next 2 years. I think I'm going to major in either Computer Science (if I can pass Calculus) or Computer Information Systems and probably minor is Psychology.

Are you being inundated with advice about everything from everyone?

No, because everyone around where I live either doesn't go to college, goes to Forsyth Tech, or aspires to go to UNC Chapel Hill. I don't see how anybody can be deadset on going to a certain college when they don't have a clue what they want to major in (in this case - UNC) I've got the grades for some pretty good schools, just not the money to spend on a school that I'd "like" to go to when there are cheaper schools that will be just fine. I'm on that border line where my family makes enough to not be able to receive financial aid, but not enough to write out $40,000+ checks every year

we barely have enough to shell out $2000 on Community College. Thank you Hope Scholarship and Tennessee Farm Bureau. The lottery and my dad's place of employment are giving plenty of cash so we pay nearly nothing. We ain't exactly rich. But due to the house and the POS PT Cruiser, and a few other things cash is tight. Why do ya'll think I stuck with 2 Athlon XP based systems so long?

The best you can aways do is apply for as many schloarships as you can early and keep your grades up and go to a school in your state unless somebody is shelling out enough for you to go where you really want. Me, since I plan on working at the TN Farm Bureau state headquaters being a systems analyst like my dad, Community College and then finishing the last 2 years at a state university is just fine. My dad actually has a Degree in Zoology and no degrees in anything computer. He was sent to some 2 month course I think at my college.That was nearly 20 years ago I think, if not longer. I think he tried to get his associates in something computer but didn't.

Edited by Honda_Boy

In this day and age. Being willing to go to collage and trying to make something of yourself is a good thing.

I hope you get what your trying for in life. And you seem to be off to a very good start.

It's good to hear that their are those who still look forward to making the best they can.

Two Thumbs Up.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going to a CC or at least a local college is the way to go! English 101 is English 101 whether you spend $200 or $800. And once you get into college, you discover so many other opportunities that you might change your major. Again, best to be doing that at the cheaper school! DO make sure you get your Associates/Transfer degree--that way the whole degree transfers and you won't risk taking duplicate classes (again, throwing more money out the door)

I sure know about living on the financial "cusp"--the only financial aid I got was from lucking out on the ACT test--those days, the scholarship was strictly on merit, but now, even THAT is based on need (which disgusts me, why try to do well on the test if you don't gain any monetary award??)

There are jobs available at schools--once the WorkStudy students have jobs, the "leftovers" go to "ordinary folk". Check that out. If you're lucky, you'll work in a department that you're interested in and they work around your school schedule.

Liz