So What Did You Buy Today?

As I mentioned in another topic - a local Radio Shack went out of business. I came back to purchase things from their ridiculously low prices (like 80% discount) to resell on eBay.

Everything I bought was a Monster Audio/Video Cable (all high quality ie fiber optics, HDTV, ect.)

I got an additional 10% since I purchased 30 items. The pictures should speak for themselves. First, the 3 foot long receipt. Second, the final price (shocking that this would be thousands of dollars under normal occasions!)

DSC00445.JPG

DSC00444.JPG

Check out my eBay auctions that start up in a few weeks if you're interested! (I've got one posted right now, but I go out of town pretty soon) Check it

What hav eI bought today? nothng. I plan on purchasing $550 in PC parts on the 10th. New eVGA nForce SLI x16 mobo, Athlon 64 3500+ Venice, eVGA e-GeForce 7600GT video card, and a new PSU. I debating on whether to buy a Forton 450W PSU or a 550W Rosewill on a combo deal. In the Combo the Rosewill would be less. It's supposed to be more powerful, covered up in LEDs and mirror finished I think. The forton is a forton, that's the pros on it. They are supposed to be wicked good. No sleeved cables though. That might be the only major problem.

I did however just get 2 CD's Thursday that I ordered last week at a local store.

No purchases. I had a customer pay his balance so I put the money away for my future upgrades. First purchase will be a DVD burner and DVDs so I can burn the Vista ISO to disk. After that I need to get a larger hard drive, better video card and another 512MB of Kingston memory.

Your ebay listing does look really nice, what do you use to build that? Does ebay offer tools that allow you to easily build a nice looking listing? One negative is the listing does not render properly with either firefox, or konqueror(linux browser). I does seem to work with opera.

Your ebay listing does look really nice, what do you use to build that? Does ebay offer tools that allow you to easily build a nice looking listing? One negative is the listing does not render properly with either firefox, or konqueror(linux browser). I does seem to work with opera.

I used biggerbids.com and modified their HTML code. They also host the pictures, so it's win-win (cause it's free)

IMO - don't waste time with the VISTA ISO. I'll send you the disc if you REALLY want it (mine didn't shake out too well because of drivers)

I would still need a DVD-Rom to install it. BTW. They came out with updates for Vista to fix some of the driver issues.

Windows Vista Beta 2 Updates

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

IMO - don't waste time with the VISTA ISO. I'll send you the disc if you REALLY want it (mine didn't shake out too well because of drivers)

I would still need a DVD-Rom to install it. BTW. They came out with updates for Vista to fix some of the driver issues.

Windows Vista Beta 2 Updates

Mine is for the wireless internet adaptor, Windows Crashes when the installation even tries to begin. Everything else works fine though - I just have no purpose for a computer that doesn't go online!

My wireless worked just fine in Vista. I had to hardwire it and download the drivers first. (RT2500 series. It works in Linux too.) The drivers were for both XP and Vista. It didn't as good in Vista as it did in XP though. I may jsut booot vista and download some updates here ina little bit and see if my SB Live! will work.

I just priced the parts I figure would be needed for me to dual boot XP and Vista. TD was $212 and NewEgg $189. I need to check ebay to see if I can whittle it down below $150.

NEC ND3550A DVD+/-RW

Western Digital Caviar 80GB

Kingston 512MB PC2700 DDR (matches my other 512MB)

MSI GeForce FX 5500

Nope my SB Live! still doesn't work. :( Something ain't right about it anyway. The drivers I downloaded from Creative in any OS will not work. Only the ones from the CD will. The ones from Creative's website say they don't detect any creative products. Huh. Oh well.

Ya know TT, there is a 128MB PNY GeForce FX 5500 for only 29.99 on newegg to help shave off a few dollars.

Nope my SB Live! still doesn't work. :( Something ain't right about it anyway. The drivers I downloaded from Creative in any OS will not work. Only the ones from the CD will. The ones from Creative's website say they don't detect any creative products. Huh. Oh well.

Ya know TT, there is a 128MB PNY GeForce FX 5500 for only 29.99 on newegg to help shave off a few dollars.

Cool! It brought it down to $163. I like the fact that someone has it working with Vista. Now if nothing unforeseen crops up I can order them next month. Maybe they'll even be cheaper. Everything that matches on ebay costs more. There are a couple sticks of Kingston 512MB that I may be able to luck out on and get cheaper.

my 5700 Ultra didn't hickup at all while using Vista. Only problem is the 3D screens savers. They are kinda rough. Some of the window movements might be rough too. That might be processor related though. Older processors like my Athlon 2600+ ain't quite the greatest for this OS. Memory is crucial. Actually mine is PQI. :) As if XP wasn't enough of a memory hog. Vista is much worse. It makes XP look like a model of OS memory usage. I was able to operate Vista alright with 512MB but man is it SO much better with 1GB.

my 5700 Ultra didn't hickup at all while using Vista. Only problem is the 3D screens savers. They are kinda rough. Some of the window movements might be rough too. That might be processor related though. Older processors like my Athlon 2600+ ain't quite the greatest for this OS. Memory is crucial. Actually mine is PQI. :) As if XP wasn't enough of a memory hog. Vista is much worse. It makes XP look like a model of OS memory usage. I was able to operate Vista alright with 512MB but man is it SO much better with 1GB.

I'm running a 2400+ (stock settings) with 512MB of RAM. I have Xp Home running quite well. There are a few items that JSKY listed that can be disabled in Vista so it will run better at lower memory. I might be able to recoup a couple of dollars by selling my MSI MX4000 T-128 to someone local. I bought less than a year ago. It's a shame Vista won't run with it.