Phone Thru Cable Modem

I was looking at a new phone company that works through my cable modem. I have a few questions and wanted to ask you nice folks first. I know if I call the number for help, they will do anthing to talk me into it..So I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this...good or bad?? I know that they send me a box of some kind...Not sure how it will allow me to hook up my regular phone to my cable modem..And I asked Santa for a wireless router....will this confilict with my phone service???make setting up the router more difficult??? The only reason is that the price is half of what I pay now...plus you can access your voicemail from any computer and save it if needed. So I guess I'm just looking for any feedback from anyone who has this type of phone service and are there problems..Always taught anything that looks too good to be true just might be..Thanks friends!!!

:blink:

I have had Vonage VoIP for 2 months... I love it!!! Signed up on-line... $18 a month for 500 mins all over the US and Canada. Anytime... Clear as any land-line ever... even international. ($.03 a min. to the UK) No contracts...

If you are looking at Vonage... PM me your email addy... we can both get a free month of services.

It also has great other services... like free voice mail.. 3 party calling.. caller ID.. all included.

I recommend it!

Oh, and they have a way to reach 911 in most areas...

I have had Vonage VoIP for 2 months... I love it!!! Signed up on-line... $18 a month for 500 mins all over the US and Canada. Anytime... Clear as any land-line ever... even international. ($.03 a min. to the UK) No contracts...

If you are looking at Vonage... PM me your email addy... we can both get a free month of services.

It also has great other services... like free voice mail.. 3 party calling.. caller ID.. all included.

I recommend it!

Oh, and they have a way to reach 911 in most areas...

Thanks for the info....PM is on it's way!!!!

:D