Alright I have a Sony PCV-RS320 and I'm looking to add memory and get a video card. I was wondering if I had any more slots to put more memory in. I went on the Crucial website, but I couldn't find my exact computer model, but I found something similar (PCV-RS300) and Crucial said that I had no free memory slots. I was looking at PQI POWER Series 256MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM for my computer. I was wondering if this was compatible.

Next I am wondering about a video card. I'm looking at an open box item from Newegg to save money its a SAPPHIRE ATLANTIS RADEON 9600XT and I was wondering if this came with the DVI cable and the driver CD (this is probably something I should be asking Newegg about).

The last thing is, is there any good tutorials on how to properly install memory and video cards.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I looked it up on sony's tech support and got the specs, you already have 512MB of memory, how bout another 512? The ram you picked should be compatible and is good RAM. I happen to have 2 sticks of 512MB PC3200 PQI Power RAM running in Dual Channel on my system. I think you might have a free slot in your system for the RAM, but if it's like my Compaq in my room, it has 2x256MB (512MB) and there is only 2 slots. If you are unsure, just open the case and locate the memory. That video card will work but it has no warranty because it is open box. If you want a little more horsepower, a warranty, and are willing to spend some more money (maybe you are not) then I would suggest this 3D Fuzion 3DFR66256 Geforce 6600 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail. (I don't particularly care for ATI but hey you might).

Edited by Honda_Boy