World Cup 2006!

World Cup!! When we went to Denmark a few years ago, World Cup was going on, and everyone was glued to the Games, hollering at the television. :D (AND the word "Hooligan" does NOT translate to a Danish word, the Danish Sportscasters just said "hooligan") Son is a Soccerhead and will be watching!

Me? Bah, if you're picking Brazil, I'll pick Brazil :D

Liz

• 3 weeks later...

don't really like either but will pick Italy

Do love soccer and real football (rugby football). No padding, the same players play the whole game, therefore they need to be fitter. Marty will know what I'm talking about, the All Blacks are a prime example

Italy: Gianluigi Buffon, Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Materazzi, Fabio Grosso, Mauro Camoranesi, Vicenzo Iaquinta, Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Simone Perrotta, Alessandro Del Piero, Francesco Totti, Luca Toni, Alberto Gilardino.

If you knew my last name, you would know why I picked Italy!!!!!

Edited by handplane

Robroy, Son plays Soccer and of course, here in the States, Football is "king". Funny thing is what the Football players say about the Soccer players (well besides the quirks like having blue hair, etc...),

"Those guys are NUTS! No helmet, no padding, defense and offense play at the same time, no breaks. No way, Football is sooo much easier!"

Now, the Soccerheads think the Cross Country team are nuts :D

WC sure has had a lot of upsets this year. Son's been going ballistic

Liz

Robroy, Son plays Soccer and of course, here in the States, Football is "king". Funny thing is what the Football players say about the Soccer players (well besides the quirks like having blue hair, etc...),

"Those guys are NUTS! No helmet, no padding, defense and offense play at the same time, no breaks. No way, Football is sooo much easier!"

Liz

"Background in theatre" is apparently right for this WC! I only watched one game this year, but I was appauled by the diving (falling down pretending you got hurt on a trip). Guess it was due to a US game where there were some "questionable cards" given for "rough play". Well, today in the newspaper there was an article about these professionals acting like primadonnas. Apparently, diving is the newest trend in Soccer. Disgusting and very poor sportsmanship! Besides, most of the "fun" according to Son, is getting "knocked around"....yes, I think he's taken too many headers.... :D

Liz

don't really like either but will pick Italy

Do love soccer and real football (rugby football). No padding, the same players play the whole game, therefore they need to be fitter. Marty will know what I'm talking about, the All Blacks are a prime example

hi robroy

yes im a rugby union fan

and im a follower of the all blacks

tho im a supporter of team games

league. rugby. soccer. hockey. ect

these all help to let people participate with each other.

tho im not a particular soccer fan

i followed the world cup.

on a side note

if any one can remember becky worley

from techtv c.f.h

she was a rugby union fan

as she played for the usa in the ladies world cup

her and i used to email each other

with the results of rugby union games around the world.

she new the names of every famous reps from each country

yes rugby is a physical game

but considering the amount of physical contact

there aernt as many injuries as

you would think

i believe soccer has more

tho more people play it

so the stastics speaks for it self

marty

Viva Italia!

Wow, wow, wow, who watched the game?? I don't usually holler at the television during games, but I did this time. (and I came in during the 30th minute, missed the goals)

Liz