I decided today that I would help setup all the computers in the house to be able to print of the two printers in the basement. I went through the network wizard on the desktop that the printers are connected to first. I then allowed file and printer sharing on this desktop. I then tried to connect the 3 other laptops to the network and can not figure out what I am doing wrong, the three laptops can not see the desktop. The desktop can see one laptop but that is it. Is there a way I can start from scratch here in case I messed up a little detail?

The desktop is running XP Pro SP2

Laptop1 is running XP Pro SP2

Laptop2 and 3 is running XP Media Center Edition

All the computers can still use the internet

All the computers are wireless except for the main Desktop.

Any help in what I might be doing wrong would be great. Thanks for your time.

Ok I have managed to get all the computers to recognize eachother. On the laptops I am able to see the printers that are connected to the desktop. I go through the add a printer process and it hangs a little bit and than tells me that the printer is no longer connected or the printers name is invalid. I don't see how it can be invalid when it searches the network and finds the printers. Why won't they just connect. Thanks once again.

Is there a space anywhere in the printer name? If so you need to remove the space in the name on the computer that it is connected to. Open Printer then Properties/Sharing and remove the space in the share name.

Also see if anything here helps.

Share Your Printer Over a Home Network Using Windows XP

There is no space in the names of the printers. The last link is the one I followed to start out with. Also this morning I can no longer connect to the network that I was originally allowed to. It says I don't have the correct permissions. grrrrrrrr!

Ok I am now able to access the shared folder on the laptops from the desktop, I can't however access the shared folder on the desktop from the laptops or add the printers to the laptops that are connected to the desktop. All firewalls are disabaled, anybody have any idea or should I just keep redoing the same steps over and over again until I am able to share the printers? Thanks the for the time and help once again.