Help!!! SOS!

Okay, went ahead and reloaded Windows and reset my router config - don't ask why ...

Now I can only get internet when directly plugged into my modem - not when connected to the router (wirelessly or wired) On the wireless, I can connect to the router, but there is not internet access.

I'm missing something obvious, with the IP's or something, please help me get this fixed!

if you reset your router using the reset button it should work. I would shutoff your computer, unplug both your router and modem. Then plugin your modem, plugin your router, then start your computer. After doing that check with ipconfig and see if your are getting an address from your router.

Double check that you are using the correct ports on back of the router. modem to the "internet" port, then 1of 4 to the computer

if you reset your router using the reset button it should work. I would shutoff your computer, unplug both your router and modem. Then plugin your modem, plugin your router, then start your computer. After doing that check with ipconfig and see if your are getting an address from your router.

Double check that you are using the correct ports on back of the router. modem to the "internet" port, then 1of 4 to the computer

If you can ping your router and external addresses by IP (but not by FQDN) it's more then likely your DNS settings.

that's kinda like how the integrated network was on my system. when i first built it, it took me awhile to find a random setting in the bios to switch from no to yes and my internet finally was working. Why can't companies just automatically set everything to the correct thing out of the factory?

that's kinda like how the integrated network was on my system. when i first built it, it took me awhile to find a random setting in the bios to switch from no to yes and my internet finally was working. Why can't companies just automatically set everything to the correct thing out of the factory?

I know I had to change the wireless channel and the wireless mode from Mixed to something else.