Okie Dokie ... here's my problem... :unsure:

I got this eMachine as a little temporary computer while I save up for my new one...

It's .. decent .. barely ... but there's one major thing wrong with it. It doesn't detect the sound card! Everytime a program wants to make a "sound" the system speaker beeps. That's fine until your in a conversation with someone and the thing beeps over and over!! Irritating! :P Can anyone help a brother out!! Thanks

Edited by Steamhead

continius beeps are normally incompatable ram

read this beep code and see if it apply to your sys

your sound card drivers need to be enabled in the device manager

go to device manager and see if there is a yellow mark beside your sound card driver

take note if there is a volume icon in your sys tray

and post back

marty

beep codes

Edited by martymas

he's not talking about his pc not starting. when the souncard isn't detected winodws replaces the usual ding with a system speaker beep. Find out what your audio device is and install new drivers for it. either that or buy a cheap sound card from creative or something.

In te device manager there's a yellow thing beside something called Multimedia Audio Controller , other than that nothing else that has to do with sound. No I don't see a volume icon thing in the system tray... :huh: