Toshiba Satellite Batery Life Sucks

I bought a toshiba satellite L25-s1192 back in january. I paid just $500 for it. It came with a 1.5ghz celeron m, 256mb of ram, ati graphics. It is a nice sleek looking unit. I have been completly happy with it except for this one flaw. The battery life is only about 1.5 hours. Does that seem rediculouly short? For the price, I guess I can't complain to much.

I did not expect alot. I assumbed all laptops at least eeked out 2 hours. It was a firsttime laptop purchase, overlall I am happy.

one other negative, it only came with a 90 day warranty. That could be a good thing, if it breaks, I would have a good project to work on.

Edited by shanenin

I get a little better than 2 hours out of my satellite when running windows and using toshiba's power management software (whatever the hell it's called - can't remember...that's how often I boot to windows :) )...I might squeak out 1.5 hours running Ubuntu but since I'm always plugged in, the issue is pretty much moot.

I get a little better than 2 hours out of my satellite when running windows and using toshiba's power management software

I reformatted right away, so I am not running any of the toshiba software. I did look around on the toshiba sight. I did not see any software for my model that was for "power saving". I have worked on other toshiba laptops, which toshiba did have the power saving software available. Do you think that can do a whole lot more then what the basic xp software does?