Intrusion/traffic/pings/packets/portscanning[RESOLVED]

I have zone alarm and i looked up the ip addresses and there are a lot..sometimes busier than others and trying hard to get in numerous repetative times....when i look up the address it says....they want internet access...trying to sign in with administrator priveledges...from

NOC abuse department....a lot of generic host processes...then i saw a box appear..said"should not see me BIPCP Setup (1).exe ..no disk..and new network found...Microsoft VM command line,, ...TCMP Echo request for check whether i am actually connected to internet at any given time.

...AboveNet..ThePlanet internet services....which said there is a network layer protocol and a transparent layer protocol...

Internet Broadcast...BlackHole...WindowsNt logon application trying to use generic root process for win32...Quest.com..EBay and Paypal security alliances..Dod network info center...Defense Info Systems Agency...

Metromedia Fiber Network (Mail abuse prevention system....IDT Corporation....SBC Internet services...Southwest Belll.....RIPE...Microsoft corp global.net hotmail abuse msn abuse direc assignment?

Fast Collocation services...Amsterdam...SITA..Societe Internationale do telecommunications aeronautics network operations center...Quest comm.,....APNIC..(ASIA PACIFIC REGION)...CHINANET...REMOTE Computer trying to gain access and sign in...BBC...England..Merit Network..SAVVIS...Japan INET...Afrinic-Ltd.......Utah state university...AT&T world net services...the washington post...j.p.morgan...

so...

145 packets sent out and 75 came in? that is a lot for a home computer...i just want to know why? why me? i am a nobody when it comes to my lil ole computer...what are they doing i am just worried if someone is doing some illegal stuf through my computer...i have gotten some weird phone calls from so called freinds asking me to do weird stuff like email them some songs from limewire and also come over and show them how to do new email accounts and show them how to put attatchments on them..i only tell u this because i have a couple of weird people saying weird stuff that i know might be doing this;....one of them is in a network marketing thing;....anyway sorry this is so long but i need to stop them or know if they are trying to get me in trouble...i have heard them talk about doing weird stuff before and laughing about it...thanx, :rolleyes: cindyboo :thumbsup:

The formatting of your text makes it difficult to know exactly what you're looking for but it appears you've looked at your firewall's log file and for whatever reason you are worried about what you found there.

Don't worry at all.

The firewall is blocking all that stuff, you're safe.

Now, WHY is all that stuff there? Because there are hundreds of thousands of morons trying to find a bank computer or a company computer or anything interesting at all, and they use programs that scroll through every Internet address possible (which happens to include yours). If your firewall's working, they don't even know your computer exists, your firewall prevents their program from seeing anything at that address.

However, those programs will keep trying and trying and trying, because it doesn't cost a cent to have an automated program looking for vulnerable computers all day long, every day, forever.

So you'll see "knocks at your door" forever. Once you feel comfortable with the knowledge that your firewall is protecting your system you can do as I have done, turn off logging (or if you're still curious who's knockin' on your door, keep it on, but don't worry about them any more).

• 1 month later...

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.