Review Of Dapper Drake- Beta

I just read this review of Ubuntu 6.06 beta, this distro looks promising indeed. From what I read it said that 6.06 will load faster and be more responsive than 5.10. I just installed Ubuntu 5.10 to one of my work computers. I'm going to try out 6.06 when it goes gold in June. :D

Review of Dapper Drake Beta

• 2 weeks later...

I've ran it for 3-4 months now and just LOVE it....Other than the usual problems you would expect on for an 'unstable' version..none of which have been the "System halting" type of problems.....One of the biggest things is the frequency and number of updates (especially now that it's getting close to release date) It's not unusual to get 60+ (and 250MB) updates a day..; although the 250Meg is a bit on the large size probaly average around 40-60Megs for me, Biggest number of updates in one shot that I remember is 147.

So unless you are on Broadband/DSL I would advise to wait till final release for that reason alone.