Debian Question- Open Office 2.0

Hey,

I'm running Debian Etch and I just noticed something yesterday when typing a document. Spell check doesn't function for me in OO 2.0. I have ispell installed.

This isn't a big deal, but, mildly annoying. Spell check works for me in OO 2.0 on my Slackware box.

Any and all replies are appreciated.

Thank you. :D

did you check if it is enabled by default. goto tools >> spellcheck >> options . Then make sure "check spelling as you type" is checked.

Yep, did that. That didn't work. Going to go and see if MySpell is instaled properly.

Thank you, shanenin! You got me thinking that perhaps some of my language options were de-selected. That was the case. My language was set to Canadian, but the spell checker was set to UK and American. Once I set my language to UK.......I'm a Canuck.....everything works now.

Thanks again, man:-)

My language was set to Canadian

wow Canadians have there own language.. I thought it was just English and French.. :)

the world is changing..

here in america, we don't have a language.. we try to mix all the languages together..

wow Canadians have there own language.. I thought it was just English and French.. :)

the world is changing..

here in america, we don't have a language.. we try to mix all the languages together..

LOL, yah, it is news to me too! Strangely enough when I installed Debian I selected Canada as my location so I guess open office 2.0 selected my language as Canadian as well. But, there is no Canadian version of myspell, the spell checking program. So when I went to check spelling of course it wouldn't work. This is a strange anomaly in OO.

I'm glad I figured this out because I've encountered this before, but, could never figure out why it was happening. Setting OO to UK solves all issues:-)

• 2 weeks later...

the world is changing..

LOL, yah, it is news to me too! Strangely enough when I installed Debian I selected Canada as my location so I guess open office 2.0 selected my language as Canadian as well. But, there is no Canadian version of myspell, the spell checking program. So when I went to check spelling of course it wouldn't work. This is a strange anomaly in OO.

I'm glad I figured this out because I've encountered this before, but, could never figure out why it was happening. Setting OO to UK solves all issues:-)

hitest.. can you submit a bug report on this to OpenOffice... I will for you if you give me all the symtems...

the world is changing..

hitest.. can you submit a bug report on this to OpenOffice... I will for you if you give me all the symtems...

Good idea, iccaros!! I'll send a bug report to openoffice.org today. I've had this happn to me on the odd Linux box. If it is happening to me it is happening to other Canadians.

Will do. :D