I have a Dell Micron Millennia Dr737 running W98se.

I also have another exactly like it with a bad power supply.

Today I replaced the power supply and hooked my monitor and keyboard to it to check it out. Used a HD that I had cloned as a backup.

It was working fine. Just checked that it booted up and I had a desktop. So I shut down and rehooked my monitor and keyboard back up to the original computer.

After restart I do not have any "Red Color" on the original computer.

For instance, the fox in the Firefox Icon is a light brown(I belive as I am slightly color blind on light or dark colors). It was working fine before I hooked up to the other computer.

I don't know what has happened and can't seem to find an answer.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Edited by tman70
Different graphics drivers?
Check to see if you bent or pushed in a pin on the monitor cable from moving it back and forth.

TT_75 everything is identical on both computers.

Sethook you are right. It was a bad pin on the monitor cable. It was not bent, but it looks like it had broke off about halfway down. I could not pull it out and I could not see any part left in the socket of either computer, but I did round off the end where it was flat and it must be "just long enough" as it works now. I now have "red" back.

Thanks to both of you.