Horror Storiesfrom @cat

just went to a link on g4 in a thread called horror stories @cat

and some one posted a link to a site .my advice be care full in there

as when i checked on the link my scanner set of the alarm and a voice said my sys was in danger of being infected.this may be my settings were to high.

and i dont want to point the finger at any one.

but it scared the living sh-----t out of me

i dont want to mention the name of the link poster but if you go there watch that post

marty

it may be my security was to high and avast may have detected some thing .

and interptited it as a virus .

when i posted about the warning the guy wouldnt except it may be a virus.

he said he had scanned with avg.

how can i tell him avg dosent update any more it is developing software to fit with win sp2.

i have an email from them telling me to wait until they.change their sys and then install the new version which will still be free.

go there if you need to but be care ful.

ive just scanned the post with housecall but it found nothing so my fears may be unfounded .

hell this avast is sensitive .hope it dosent scan non wins as a virus

marty

I don't know if that thread has links that are trouble or not.

I do know that it is good to trust your gut feeling about something, and if your antivirus or something else also warns you about it too, then it is good to be wary!!!

It is not that an important thing to go to any suspicious site like that, in the long range scheme of things.

We all need to be Internet Smart, just as we have learned in the recent decades to be street smart to protect ourselves!!! It is after all most important to stay safe!!!

Thanks for the warning about the site. I appreciate you being so caring of our safety. Don't worry about if it was real or false positive. You did what was right!!! You warned us (and them) about what your antivirus said. You did us a favor, esp if it did have trouble associated with it. Now don't worry about it. You did good!!!

God bless everyone.