Graphics Tablet + Winxp Driver Problems

I recently purchased a "True Touch SuperPen 3d Graphics Tablet" that has both a wireless pen and wireless mouse as interfaces.

It connects via USB, and has a CD Rom with drivers on it. I connect it and install the tablet drivers from the CD, and there are no problems. The tablet puts a little icon in my taskbar telling me how functional it is, even, and device manager says everything is working properly. It refers to it as a HID, Human INterface Device.

Next, however, Windows decides I need to also install drievrs for the "HID Compatible Mouse." It actually decides I need to do this twice, one after another, once for the included wireless mouse, and once for the pen. Makes sense.

However, there are no other drivers on the CD or the website. When Windows tries to install the hardware, it gives me a HID Compatible Mouse list to choose from. ALL of them list Logitech as the manufacturer, except for one by Microsoft. I use a Logitech mouse regularly, and this is a USB-HID mouse filter, so figured i would go with the logitech (though i later repeated with the microsoft to teh same effect). it installs fine, there is no problem, and device manager says everything is hunky dory. except they dont work. i put fresh batteries in them and the led light on the tablet itself is on but neither the mouse nor the pen do anything, thye dont move the cursor or control it in anyway.

the manufacturers website (www.manhattan-support.com) offers no FAQs or anything for the item, and i submitted a help request in to their tech staff, but they have yet to get back to me.

Does anyone here ahve any advice?????

Thanks

S

Edited by oberon567

Well the problem is I already have the tablet I have, it was given to me as a gift, actualy, because it was a lower end model, only about $50, so I could use it and decide if I liked it and eventually move on up to a nicer, more expensive model.

That being said, lower model or not, this one came with decent reviews and no one ever complaining of weird driver problems with win XP...