Reinstall Windows , Save Turbo Tax

I have a computer job which the client wants me to reintall windows. The only data they need saved is there turbotax 2005 returns. Ideally when they install turbo tax next year, it needs to ne able to import this data. Do any of you have experience with this issue. Thanks :-)

I am guessing it stores a file in documents and setting, but I am not sure.

I just had a chance to see the computer. Turbo tax appears to save two files in the direcrtory "my documents\turbo tax" . One file is a pdf of the return, and the other seems to be the data that it uses to import your taxes from.

Last Year’s Return is on a Different Computer

With TurboTax you can use last year's tax information to prepare your current return. If you want to use your tax information from last year, but used a different computer to prepare your taxes, follow these simple steps before transferring the information.

1. Save your return onto a removable disk from the original computer.

2. The file name will default to: TaxYear LastName FirstInitial Tax Return.tax.

3. Insert the disk into the correct drive on the new computer. Double-click the correct disk drive to see the tax file.

4. Right-click the file, drag it to the new file location, then select Copy. This will copy the file onto the new computer.

5. Open TurboTax and start a New Return.

6. From the Transfer Tax Information screen, select your tax file from the new location, and click the Transfer Return button.

Note: For Macintosh users follow these same steps but look for this file name:

FirstName LastName 04 (whichever tax year you’re transferring from)