Stuck In Dos Mode

i am currently trying to install ubuntu 5.04 on my old pc. it crashed several months ago and i have started trying to fix it myself I ran a >debug and that seems to work but I cant find an OS that will install from DOS does ne1 know of a linux OPS that I can download and use to get my pc up and running again thanx ps I boot up w/ a windows 98 boot disc

i am currently trying to install ubuntu 5.04 on my old pc. it crashed several months ago and i have started trying to fix it myself I ran a >debug and that seems to work but I cant find an OS that will install from DOS does ne1 know of a linux OPS that I can download and use to get my pc up and running again thanx ps I boot up w/ a windows 98 boot disc

Hi,

I'm moving this to the linux forum.

I'm presuming from what you are saying, you can't cahnge the boot order so that it boots from the CD rom first?

how old and what type of computer is it. Are you wanting to dual boot or just use Linux as the only OS?