Im once gain trying to rip some old records using "line in". When I plug my stereo in to the line in port on my sound card, I here the music playing oer my PC's speakers, however I can't seem to record it! Ive tried Audio Grabber and Music Match. It jsut records nothing.

I tried using the Mic in port. It worked, but the sound quality was terrible.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Oh! The sound card is an Audigy 2 ZS, w/ Winders XP. (Drivers up to date)

One thing you can do is (this is gonna suck, but its the only way I can think of ATM) highlight each song (one at a time) on you one long wave length. Then, with one song highlighted, select, Edit > Split. Then go along and do the same steps for the rest of the songs. I can't think of any other way to manually or automatically seperate each song. Then go through and export each one (to select the one you want to export, just click within its wave length.

Note: when you split each section, there will be blank or silent spaces before and after the cropping. Make sure to go through and edit those out.

Matt

Im once gain trying to rip some old records using "line in". When I plug my stereo in to the line in port on my sound card, I here the music playing oer my PC's speakers, however I can't seem to record it! Ive tried Audio Grabber and Music Match. It jsut records nothing.

There should not be a problem using Musicmatch. Be sure that under the tab Options/Recorder/Source there is a check next to Line-In.

Edited by Chappy

I used jetaudio to do this then I use MP3Directcut slice her up. I purchased jetAudio with the advanced recording feature now I have control over silence level this way it will start a new track. also has a trimmer. Also I have used RipVinyl over the years When I first started it also has a silence indicator. It wads 7buck in the day but I think it is 11 now worked out great for me. http://www.ripvinyl.com/

But if you don't want to purchase anything Jetaudio standard will do.

Actually you can play the Album click the start to record button the at the end of the track hit stop then start again it will make another track with a different time stamp eliminating having to cut into tracks. then you can add you tags with my favorite program Mp3ext http://www.mutschler.de/mp3ext/. I collect old Jazz so I do alot of stuff like this.