A friend of mine is having this problem and I went to there forum site to get some answers and did get some info. I was wondering if anybody here has used this program and had the same problem and what you did to fix it. I may already have the answer but would like more info just in case. If you found it was your audio card causing the problem, what did you have and what did you replace it with? I already know about changing from WDM to MME or MMC. I also know about not sharing the card with Windows default audio. I've never worked on a problem like this before so if you have further info please let me know.

P.S Yes this was also posted at G4 but received no answers as of yet. :matrix:

Does this happen if he uses something other then Cakewalk? I'm not a windows or Cakewalk user but have done a lot of home recording on macs with Deck, Garageband and logic express. And sometimes these problems can be caused by the bit rate selected in the recording software and not being compatible with sound card or audio interface.

Does this happen if he uses something other then Cakewalk? I'm not a windows or Cakewalk user but have done a lot of home recording on macs with Deck, Garageband and logic express. And sometimes these problems can be caused by the bit rate selected in the recording software and not being compatible with sound card or audio interface.

He said it only happens with Cakewalk. I also had already mentioned to him that there could be a card compatibility issue.

Edited by Tootsdog9
A friend of mine is having this problem and I went to there forum site to get some answers and did get some info. I was wondering if anybody here has used this program and had the same problem and what you did to fix it. I may already have the answer but would like more info just in case. If you found it was your audio card causing the problem, what did you have and what did you replace it with? I already know about changing from WDM to MME or MMC. I also know about not sharing the card with Windows default audio. I've never worked on a problem like this before so if you have further info please let me know.

choppy and clicking in cakewalk is normaly a time mis match... I use a MOTU 2408 so I't easy to see what speed the card is set at and what speed the program is set at..

speed is the 44.8k 41k 88k ect..

choppy and clicking in cakewalk is normaly a time mis match... I use a MOTU 2408 so I't easy to see what speed the card is set at and what speed the program is set at..

speed is the 44.8k 41k 88k ect..

Thanks, I will pass this along to him.