Check The Value Of Your Home

My brother told me about that site. I don't know if this is true for all areas, but the value listed is based on the taxes paid. In my neighborhood, the zillow price is about half of the buying/selling price.

You could be right. In my area the house's were pretty well in line with what they sold.

Still---it does give you a reference point to start comparing.

Dang! They sure have a lot of information scattered throughtout the site. The price I got (Far N/W Chicago suburb) seemed high actually (but gee, if I can get it I'd be happy!). Nice they display prices for surrounding homes. Detailed information includes tax information, which I haven't seen on other sites (and my county website doesn't have).

My home value increased by over three thousand dollars just in the last week! I'm rich! :D

Well, it was WAY off with my house!! Said 1350 sq ft and my house is 1850 sq ft and it said it's worth almost half what we paid for it 25 years ago. Probably due to being in Michigan...the "backwords state"

Looked up my sister's house and it showed 2 bathrooms, BUT they were being taxed incorrectly (due to only having one bath!) and they recently got it fixed--neat site for fighting improper taxation! They could have used this site a year ago. Sending that one on the email express.

Thanks, Tman!

Liz

Jeesch. They only cover 10 counties in Michigan. Not mine, of course. But I notice Blim in "hicksville" has a listing. What's up with that? I know Kalamazoo county has a higher population than you Liz... Oh well, I ain't selling for a while anyway.

BTW, the square footage listing could be one of two things. #1 you are measuring an area that is not considered "living area" Or someone in the past added a room or converted a porch/attic for 4 season use without getting a permit. Feel good about that. Your not getting taxed for that 500 sq. ft.

I did notice my mom's house in Dearborn is worth 6 figures... Shy of 900 sq.ft. no basement or garage.

Edited by bozodog