Windows Shut Down

isnt it strange.

all these windows shutdowns and restarts.

ive been to three boards in the last hr.

and on one this problem.

has 4 posts, on another 3 posts.

and here, there are 2-3 posts.

waht does the xperts thinks

is it the fault of the sys or the user.

ive had the problem

once

and that was many moons ago

it was easly fixed

but now it seems it is more complex

than it was then.

going by the answer posts .

any ideas

marty

Edited by martymas

Hi Marty

Well, since MS has it setup default that almost any problem will cause a restart, it can be any one of at least 100 things that could be causing it. So it's not that the restarting itself that's the problem, it's the countless other things, that are these folks issues, and we just have to figure out which one it is for them.

MS in their great wisdom (at least they think so...), knew that people hated that dreaded BSOD so much, that they decided to do away with it and just restart the machine instead.

Problem is tho...that the BSOD supplies us with the information we needed to research the problem. So all they succeeded in doing, was adding more confusion to the mix by making us have the n00b users go thru more stuff to get the BSOD back.

I think it was better to have a BSOD myself, and maybe MS will see that it's really needed again and change that in the future...I'm not holding my breath tho ;)

I can't say that the system is at fault more than the user here, so many things can be the reason for it and it can be a combination of both many times too. I think that it's because XP systems are getting older, and users have more stuff installed including nasties, the systems are failing more because of age and misuse now.

Edited by Chappy