Hey guys!

Ive missed yall :blush: Durn Cbale company cut my internet due to "viruses on my computer spamming the network". HA! Odd how all my computers are spotless :angry: Anyway....

Im trying to rip my records to my computer so i can then burn them to CD.

I plugged a line goin from my stereo into the line in port on my sound card. I forgot my speakers & the stereo were up loud. I was blasted with a short bit of music. Now however, only one of the jacks on my sound card produce sound, line in works iraticly, and the one speaker jack that does work only has one channel.

So, I guess Im screwed my sound card huh?

Hey guys!

Ive missed yall :blush: Durn Cbale company cut my internet due to "viruses on my computer spamming the network". HA! Odd how all my computers are spotless :angry: Anyway....

Im trying to rip my records to my computer so i can then burn them to CD.

I plugged a line goin from my stereo into the line in port on my sound card. I forgot my speakers & the stereo were up loud. I was blasted with a short bit of music. Now however, only one of the jacks on my sound card produce sound, line in works iraticly, and the one speaker jack that does work only has one channel.

So, I guess Im screwed my sound card huh?

Sure does.

Yeah its probly fried soundblaster has a $30 card thats a nice cheap card not much extra software with it though.

Eating sound card now to?!?1 :angry2:

:D

THanks for the replies. I figured it was dead(ish). Oh well, good thing is was a cheapo off newegg.

I'll take a free sound card if it still has audio out!

Yeah its probly fried soundblaster has a $30 card thats a nice cheap card not much extra software with it though.

Eating sound card now to?!?1 :angry2:

:D

THanks for the replies. I figured it was dead(ish). Oh well, good thing is was a cheapo off newegg.

I'll take a free sound card if it still has audio out!

Why don't you post a request in the new Garage Sale area?

that sound card ain't the greatest but will serve it's purpose perfectly. You'll still get EAX and 7.1.

How is it not great? Have any other recommendations? What sound card(s) do you use?

Do you think its worth the extra $$ to get the ZS?

Edited by Bubba Bob

for riping records its fine..

note never /ever use speaker out to sound card in.. if it does not blow the sound card it could damage the AMP. your sound card is balanced or non balaneced low level in your speaker out is 4 or 8 ohm impedence matched.. not a good combanation.. if you have line level out use that or try headphone outs and keep the volume low..

Edited by iccaros

it's still a great card but not the greatest. All the audigy cards are good. even a Live! 24bit is pretty good too. the greatest consumer card, particularly for gaming, would be the X-Fi series. But that is mega overkill for you. heck I ain't gettin one till I build my next system anyway (which is actually kind of a ways off 5 months at least)

Edited by Honda_Boy