Amazon.com Problems

I am not sure if this belongs here or some place else but I was frightened by Amazon.com today. I had an auction going for an iPod Mini going on and had a reserve price on it. The bids were below the reserve price so I cancled the aution.

Now this is the scary part. I canceled the auction but I get an email from Amazon stating:

***** has won this auction and has secured your 10% First Bidder

Discount.

Final Bid: $65.00

Final Sale Price: $58.50

Now I called into Amazon and they told me, no you did not sell the item since you had a reserve price on it and they did not, as in bids, meet the reserve price so I would not have to sell it.

How frigthing this was when I got it and I was like holy crap I am screwed here. So if you have autions on Amazon.com or are placing them, be aware, be very aware.

No this was from Amazon. I think this was a glitch or so I hope. It would be looked into by them to be sure that it would not be happening to others. I am upset about this and think this is needing to be told to everyone before posting on Amazon.

Do you think this was a "Phishing scheme"? I know I've been swamped with e-bay "Phishes" in my e-mail for several weeks leading up to Christmas...

What else did Amazon have to say about it?

Edited by Honky Buzz