Installing New Video Card

I'm getting ready to install new video card "Asus N6600 128mb VGA"

I just upgraded power supply (PC Power & Supply) from 200w to 360w, so know that works........so far.

I know how to install it. My question is, which connector do I hook it up to?

1. Hard Drive

2. CD Rom

3. CD Burner

The instructions just say, basically hook it up to whatever one has an extra connector. Since I put the upgraded PS in, I have 3 extra connectors, all same color wiring. (yellow, 2 black, red) I have read some say do not use HD, use CD etc, others say use HD. Very confusing. Does it matter?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Barb :D

Well, without seeing it, I would say whatever fits.

I THINK what you are hooking up is a power supply for the cooling fan

that is on the board. Is this correct?

Usually you will have extra power supply lines available that can be used for extra drives or fans and such.

Usually you will have extra power supply lines available that can be used for extra drives or fans and such.

Yes that is correct. I need to hook up to PS line for fan on card. I do have extra PS lines from HD, CD, CD Burner. Does it make a difference which one I hook up the card to?

Sorry here is a picture of it at Newegg.

ASUS N6600

Barb

Edited by bar5

Well, unless it tells you not to use a specific cable in the instructions, go ahead and hook it up to what ever is closer. If you have a free line, then use it.

Yes that is correct. I need to hook up to PS line for fan on card. I do have extra PS lines from HD, CD, CD Burner. Does it make a difference which one I hook up the card to?

ASUS N6600

Barb

Doesn't the fan plug go into a socket on the board as shown in the picture? Or am I missing something?

ASUS N6600

Barb

Doesn't the fan plug go into a socket on the board as shown in the picture? Or am I missing something?

Thanks to jimras and sethook. I have the card installed and hooked it to the CD connector (PS line) to the card.

sethook, you talking about the white 4 pin connector? If so that is what is connected. So far so good.

The only reason I asked is I read somewhere not to hook it up to HD PS line connector. Probably was only an opinion.

Thanks