Why Some Game Dont Add A Subtitle

For those who dont know me, i am deaf. im strongly deep rooted to my deaf culture and love it so much.

I noticed some 1st gen game dont add a subtitle, but that i forgive because they didnt expect that deaffie will play games. but part 2 (2nd gen) game and beyond that, they should add a subtitle.

Im speaking Prince of Persia for example. PoP 1 dont have subtitile, ofc i forgave that because it new, but PoP 2 and PoP 3, they still dont add it. i found that extremely offensive, PoP is a great game that offer a great challege that i dont expect. Ubisoft.... dont put subtitle on PoP. that didnt make sense why they dont add it, im not sure if they add on other of their game like Rainbow Six (i havent play that game).

For Halo, they dont have it but until Halo 2, they finally add it. im not sure it really that hard to add a subtitle. Kingdom Heart, Final Fantasy, Phansty Star Online, Sonic, Castlevania, Metal Gear and most popular game have subtitle. as far i see PoP is popular and they didnt even add a freaking subtitle. i want to know what really happen, what the problem between in the game. it just sad that ubisoft dont add it. and why should i waste my time to buy a game that didnt offer a subtitle.

Tony Hawks: American Wasteland is a good game but it have subtitle in some way. sometime it didnt appear.

I dont see why it hard to add a subtitle even they have the money for it. Castlevania happen to be the low budget game but they have subtitle.

it could be politics, but i will save my ranting politic post in a new sub forum of politics.

You know that is a good thought. Why don't they? Have you gone to their websites or forums and asked them? You know, the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Fire off a few e-mails and see if you get a response. Maybe have some of your game playing friends do the same? Not just the deaf ones, everyone you know that plays....

Good Luck

I'm sure it's partly oversight, not thinking about access, and partly fascination with power, that is, the original games used text because the technology didn't exist for voices, now that voice capability is a given, they all want to use it and displaying text might seem "backwards" to programmers.

Write, write, write to the game developers, dedicated magazines, Congressmen, anybody who'll listen to you.

I'm not a gamer, but yes, subtitles should be included! (and I know they used to be on SNES games) I certainly LOVE having subtitles on DVDs on movies that have loud music and then conversation (like LOTR movies--my ears just can't adjust quick enough to hear the speech!)

I'm ordering my son to make a request for subtitles on the game sites he visits and I'm going to pop off an email to his gaming friends to do the same. This is important!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, DD

Liz