If you do OWN the game then you could use Alchohal 120% to rip the CDs to an ISO or an md5. You could set up a virtual drive and load the ISO or MD5 directly onto it and you wouldnt have to use a CD at all

I have done that with sims 2 and battlefield 2 beccause i do play both often and I dont like having to look for disks.

If you do OWN the game then you could use Alchohal 120% to rip the CDs to an ISO or an md5. You could set up a virtual drive and load the ISO or MD5 directly onto it and you wouldnt have to use a CD at all

I have done that with sims 2 and battlefield 2 beccause i do play both often and I dont like having to look for disks.

How excactly do you set up a virtual drive? I got Call of Duty for Christmas (I ACTUALLY OWN IT)

I know how to burn a disc image, but how do I run the game form it?

well in alchohal thers a button on the side bar under options wich says virtual drive. Click that and it will open up a box. Near the top theres a pull down menu with the amount of virtual drives you have. You just set it to one or however many you want and ill set on up for you. Drag the image onto the virtual drive and the computer will respond like as if you just inserted the CD

Ive noticed a method of how developers limit copying is by introducing errors. Such as DVD's, when your playing a dvd it just skips right over it, but then if your copying it it just errors.

Try copying the game at a slower speed or in a different drive.

Pierce

Ive noticed a method of how developers limit copying is by introducing errors. Such as DVD's, when your playing a dvd it just skips right over it, but then if your copying it it just errors.

Try copying the game at a slower speed or in a different drive.

Pierce

I kind of figured that was the problem, i guess i'll do it later

Okay, but whenever I go to get the disc image from the game, it shows A LOT of disc read errors

The one and only time I tried to "rip a game", was sims 2. I used alcohol 120% to do it. You need to know the copy protection used, I think it was a verison of safedisc, maybe safedisc3/4(something like that). From what I remember I got lots of read errors, those are normal. Even with the errors the iso image worked.

edit added later//

programming a game takes lots of work and money, make sure you do not "rip a game" you do not own :-)

Edited by shanenin