thank you that helped me a lot and my rents are out as i am typin this gettin it (1 gig stick)for my christmas present :thumbsup:

but a follow up question....i am also gettin a new graphics card and i only have AGP slots, so i told my father (old school comp nerd) to get me a Nvidia 6800 or a Nvidia 6600 GT both AGP compatable....but on that site you told me i had it scan my computer and it reccomended only ATi cards for my system..is that because they are sponsered by them or just have an agreement to opnly reccomend ATi? i mean, my computer is all Nvidia anyways so i dont see the problem. anyway, thank you for help that site was a major help.

Crucial sells ATI cards. It's just a sales scheme.

EDIT:

Also, do NOT get the ram from crucial. You can get ram cheaper! Newegg.com sells Crucial brand ram MUCH cheaper than crucial them selves.

Here's a link to the ram $40 cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820145086

Here are some different brands.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....Submit=Property

Edited by Bubba Bob
ok so i have a Hp pavillion a320n and it has 512mb of RAM. i want to add another 512 sick in my machine...is there any specifics i need to know? or do i just buy and 512 stick....the ram i have is DDR SDRAM so i am assumin i need to get another one of those any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Grundlelove

Your machine supports a maximum of 1G of PC2700 DDR SDRAM, so just make sure you get a brand name stick of the same type.

Your machine also has 3 integrated PCI slots, so you don't only have just AGP, so you can go with a PCI graphics card if you wish, but the 8X AGP would be better. It will also support either ATI or Nvidia, so again whichever you choose will work.

ok so i have a Hp pavillion a320n and it has 512mb of RAM. i want to add another 512 sick in my machine...is there any specifics i need to know? or do i just buy and 512 stick....the ram i have is DDR SDRAM so i am assumin i need to get another one of those any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Grundlelove

Your machine supports a maximum of 1G of PC2700 DDR SDRAM, so just make sure you get a brand name stick of the same type.

Your machine also has 3 integrated PCI slots, so you don't only have just AGP, so you can go with a PCI graphics card if you wish, but the 8X AGP would be better. It will also support either ATI or Nvidia, so again whichever you choose will work.

ummm...i think you might be a little confused...my computer hols a max of 2 gig of ram and it has to PCI slots, which is why i am wanting a AGP...im not sure where your got your info but a link would help, everything ive looked into my machine i dont see any PCI slots at all. ive even opend it up and looked at what i can do and i still never say any PCI...but i might be wrong. and i my father got me 2 512 sticks for my machine, all DIMM so...yea

Hi Grundlelove

ummm...i think you might be a little confused...my computer hols a max of 2 gig of ram and it has to PCI slots, which is why i am wanting a AGP...im not sure where your got your info but a link would help, everything ive looked into my machine i dont see any PCI slots at all. ive even opend it up and looked at what i can do and i still never say any PCI...but i might be wrong. and i my father got me 2 512 sticks for my machine, all DIMM so...yea

Is this your system?

yes i believe so...but this is bizarre, im gettin different specs from different HP web sites. one site it tells me i have no PCI slots, another it tells me i only have AGP...i did the crucial scan and it says i only have AGP too...so i dont know until i open it up once more tomorrow

follow up: whats would be a better graphics card..PCI or AGP

yes thank you i saw that, and thats where all my confusion is coming from...but beside the point...whats the differnce between PCI slots and PCi express....because i GUESS i have PCi slots but i dont see any cards online that are PCI...only PCI express...so whats the difference and is there any good PCI cards?