System Restore For Windows Me

Hi and my problem is when I go to System Restore to Create a new restore point, the calendar says "Saturday December 30, 1899" and I would like to know how or what I need to do to have the calendar say the current date?

Hope this is clear but I cannot enter a previous date so I and restore my computer to that earlier date and I can find no way to change the "Sat, Dec. 30, 1899" date that it currently displays.

Any help or info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and my problem is when I go to System Restore to Create a new restore point, the calendar says "Saturday December 30, 1899" and I would like to know how or what I need to do to have the calendar say the current date?

Hope this is clear but I cannot enter a previous date so I and restore my computer to that earlier date and I can find no way to change the "Sat, Dec. 30, 1899" date that it currently displays.

Any help or info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks TheTerrorist-75. I did a lot of looking for a solution on the Microsoft site but did not have the luck you had. Wish I had written in the search box the text you did. I might have found it on my own but certainly appreciate your answer and quick reply.

I do not have time to get into the Registry but will do later tonight or tomorrow and will get back to you to let you know how I did. Thanks again.---Pete

Hi TheTerrorist-75.

Success and I am back to normal in System Restore thanks to you fix you posted. I copied and pasted the Reg. fix in Notepad as instructed and merged back into the Registry and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help and, as I said previously, I appreciate the help and responce.-----Pete

Hi TheTerrorist-75.

Success and I am back to normal in System Restore thanks to you fix you posted. I copied and pasted the Reg. fix in Notepad as instructed and merged back into the Registry and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help and, as I said previously, I appreciate the help and responce.-----Pete

I'm glad it worked. You're welcome. :thumbsup: