Windows Server 03 Attributes

I have been using win server 03 (trial) for about 4 months and just the other day i put back windows XP home edition (the default OS on my computer that i use as a file server for MP3's. I noticed one of my networked drives (drive M:) still had some of the attributes of win server 03. For example to gain access to the drive over my network it asked for crudentials i put in my old user name and password and it granted me access. I am wondering if i can just use my win server 03 trial CD to set my attributes on all my file servers since windows xp home doesnt support simple file sharing or domains. Any ideas on why or the exact reason this happend would be very much appriciated. thanks.

I have wondered the same questions myself, not discovering the answer, but each time I use a XP home maching and hook it to a Domain for IP addresses, i am prompted for creditials to use Shared Drives and Mapped Drives. I have specifically added the PC Name, MAC address to the AD and it is recognized as a "allowed computer," but it continues to prompt...i consider it a good thing (security purposes), but anyone have any knowledge of the alleged questions?

I am also allowed to browse the XP Home machine from the Server Side, but not vice-versa.