I'm new here...but my friend told me to come and ask you guys because i had a problem he couldn't resolve.

Although, we believe it is some kind of virus.

My Norton Antivirus can no longer seem to be able to keep auto protect on....it says Norton Antivirus Driver could not be loaded-your computer is not protected from viruses Please restart your computer.

Also, my Guild Wars game is not able to connect to Arena.net, and my Unreal Tournament04 cannot access the UT2004 master server.-i can't play my games online and Norton can't protect my computer-IS there anything i can do?

I'd recomend booting into safe mode (Safe mode on XP, VGA on ME) and then run MSCONFIG to check for programs that are booting up upon startup for you. Disable ones by using common sense and reboot your computer to see if its working any better, then try running norton, but this may take a little trial and error.

Just to be clear: Were you running Norton's and AVG at the same time when this happened? Or did you install AVG after the problem to ensure protection?

Antivirus programs integrate themselves pretty deeply throughout the OS so when one thing goes wrong -- everything could go wrong. I'd reinstall Norton (I just had to do that with McAfee to resolve an oddball problem, the reinstall cured everything).

Thank You for that link. I added it to my favorites... for just in case...!!!

Also there was someone on G4 having this same problem in last few days. So will try to track the thread down, and pass your link on for them too. I had never heard of or seen that error so couldn't help much when I saw the thread there.

Pat.

God bless everyone.