This sounds so junior high, but my sister-in-law were online last night and some dude with the aol screename surferdude15066 im'd us. He knew our names, and our ages which is highly strange that he would im us at the same time and know our info.

He was saying some horrible deraggatory stuff and calling us "f-ing whores" etc. we are youth workers at our church and truly think it's a young person trying to be cool. We'd love to call this little brat out and was wondering if there was a way to get this kid's ip or something?

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi rjmiller15. This person is obviously someone who knows one of you. Unless you tend to give out personal information online regularly, he can't have goten this information just by talking to you via IM. My suggestion is that you block this user, and do not contact them any more. If this person, did infact, gain access to your computer somehow, it is advisable that you change your passwords; however I doubt this is the case. At Besttechie, discussing any way to "hack" someone is not allowed, and such discussion will not be permitted. If this person continues to harass you, you should contact your Internet Service Provider and local authorities.

Matt

Hi Jennifer!

Your experience sounds pretty scary, but I also tend to think that this is someone who knows you. Now, I checked your blog and noticed you have your name and age on it. Does your sister-in-law also have a blog? (I didn't look around enough to see if you had links, I was too mesmerized by that staircase! Beautiful!) Could be that is how this clown got the info.

You have the perfect opportunity to fix this working with your Church's youth. Set up a lesson centering around "net etiquite" and teach the kids what is right and what is not--Spiritual behavior is NOT scaring folks through IM's! Tell the group how this guy made you feel (don't use his name). Let them know that you don't want to block any of your youth in case they really need to talk. That is why you make yourself available to them. If this guy is typical, he bragged to his buddies in the youth group and if you state how improper his behavior was, his buddies will give him a rough time. ;)

Good luck and let us know what happens! I'm an old High School Sunday School teacher, myself :thumbsup:

Liz

My advice is don't give out too much info on the net. If it has Address or Full name or crap like that i tend not to give that out. Like as you can see with my BT info i only put my state and my B-Day. No Picture of me even, just my car.

Also tell El DoucheO BagO that you know where he is and that you have no probs with goin back to prison. :P

Kids trade buddy lists like they are nothing. I think this is what happened here, or they spokewith someone who knew ylour screenname.

My son in the fifth grade has kids from the eight and nineth grade on his buddy list. I weeded some out, and let the others know who he was (advantage of a small town). Now I feel comfortable with his buddy list.

Both of my kids know to deny or X out of what they are not sure with. They call me in to check what is ok or not. Guess they learned something from me while I was banging keyboards when some customer picked up a trojan or spyware by clicking Yes.

Block and or Warn the user using the im app's block/warn toll.

M

As stated above - either a kid, or somebody with too much time who's reading your blog. I have read in the past that on AIM you can send a file transfer to someone then open something on DOS with a log showing the IP the file was sent to, but it's not worth your time to fool around with it