Knoppix Cant See My Wireless Adapter

YAY!! My first time linux!! You guess it, Knoppix. Ofc im a first timer, hehehe.

I noticed that Knoppix is not connecting to the internet :(

Im very new at Linux. How i get Knoppix work with my Linksys PCI Wireless Adapter?

***AMEND*** look at my second post

Edited by DarkestDream

I just found the Wireless control in Control Panel.... problem is that i need a admin password. i didnt set one up cuz i dont need it since im a admin in Knoppix, but i need it for Wireless to use it in Admin mode. how i set up a password in Knoppix without a root??

If it need a root, then explain to me, step by step. how to set up a admin password in root

I haven't used knoppix in a while but, I believe on the knoppix menu you can get a root terminal without a password. According to AbsoluteValue that card has a broadcom chipset. AFAIK there are no linux drivers for any Broadcom wireless adapters, but ndiswrapper may work, I use it on my girl friends laptop with a broadcom chip. I think knoppix comes with ndiswrapper installed so what you need is the windows driver for the card, in my case its bcmwl5.inf and bcmwl5.sys. While in windows get any info you may need like your gateway, dns servers, and the wireless encryption key. To load the windows driver into ndiswrapper run as root

ndiswrapper -i /path/to/driver_file.inf

, then check that it installed propperly with

ndiswrapper -l

, the output should say driver present, hardware present. Then load the module into the kernel with

modprobe ndiswrapper

then run iwconfig to get the interface name for the card, note what it is (eth0, eht1, wlan0, ath0). You then need to edit /etc/network/interface and add the pertinent inf for your card, heres an example

auto lo
auto wlan0
iface lo inet loopback
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
network 192.168.1.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
wireless_essid linksys
wireless_key xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wireless_channel 6

If you have another network card there may be lines like iface eth0, leave those alone, only add lines like the wlan0 in my example. Then run

/etc/init.d/networking start

hopefully that will get it up.