I downloaded and installed bf2 demo on my new computer and restarted my computer, im running windows xp, and im getting the following error:

Irql_not_less_or_equal

***stop:0x0000000A(0xf7d4e354,0x000000ff,0x00000001,0x804e2e41

I can't restart at all, not even in safe mode. Any ideas of how to fix this? :wacko:

Edited by IEatHardDrives

This would point to a hardware issue usually, but in this case I suspect a driver issue.... here is the page on t-shooting a 0x0A stop code.

MSKB

Scroll to the After XP is installed section, and try those suggestions.

Ive read that bad ram or cpu can be the problem but how can i test this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have seperate ram sticks, try one at a time in each of the different slots.

if you have a live linux cd, boot that. If it runs well, you can eliminate any hardware(cpu or ram) problems.

Edited by shanenin
will Knoppix Live Cd work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that would work great. If you can run your computer with knoppix that pretty much rules out cpu, PSU, or bad memory as the problem.

Edited by shanenin
Ok I tryed to do a repair install of xp and got the same error I dont know what to do If i format my harddrive and that dont i wont have the internet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How'd you do the repair install if the CD drive doesn't work and the system won't boot?

It's messed up man! :(

REFORMAT:REINSTALL

Why wouldn't you be able to reinstall your Internet?

<edit> Sorry, it's gettin' difficult to keep track. If I got it, your new one won't even get to the BIOS screen? (Using whatever key combo is required for your system?)

Edited by JDoors